New So'ton Airsofter

Alvin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fairly new guy to airsoft - Started playing the sport since last October to help reduce screen time + get the legs moving, and I've pretty much dived straight in since then.

Got my UKARA the other month and now a RIF hugger owner of 2 rifles and a pistol. At the moment I'm trying to get a few accessories to go with the RIFs to make it a bit more effective in games. 

So far been to a few sites around the area, certainly interesting to see and experience different settings, and starting to build a list of favourites to go back repeatedly.

As for the forums, I've been lurking around for a while now, but thought its actually time I should really drop in, say Hi, get to know more players and if any luck local ones too. 👋

Edited by Alvin

Welcome. I started in October too. Like you, I got my own kit as soon as my UKARA cleared, got a TM gbbr MWS and a 1911 pistol with tons of accessories and attachments.

What guns have you treated yourself too? Share some pics :)

Also where is local to you. Let others know, you may be able to play with some fellow airsofters from here.

If you're Southampton way, Ground Zero at Ringwood isn't too far. Takes about 20-25 minutes from J3. Big woodland site and loads of players. Had 180 there the other week! 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have a P90 AEG, MP7 GBB (which I am planning to run in warmer months), and a G18c GBB. Trying to get a prism optic / red dot to go on the RIFs and crucially a few mid-caps to replace the dreaded P90 hi-cap at the moment. 

Should have also mentioned I am a university staff currently playing with the student ran airsoft club, which thanks to them, have massively helped me get into the sport. Somewhat aware if / once I leave my job Ill probably be end up be going solo, hence trying to open up the network. 

The local site is mostly Ambush activities or South Coast CQB, but I've also played at Z-mart, UCAP Greenops, Ironsight, and RIFT Bomb dump which is my favourite so far. Not been to Ground Zero which I think failed the requirements for a sign off from the student union, but would be interested to go there on my own some day.

@Khyber Too busy stroking RIFs to take pictures and upload 😅, they are plain rifles anyway, but here's a picture of the kit (with thanks to the organisers) I ran last Saturday at the bomb dump to give an idea. Also badly twisted my ankle (twice) on that day, still have a swollen feet and a bruise line need to heal up before the next game .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.