SVD Scope Mount

Tactical Pith Helmet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I believe that there are two types of side mounts.  One type fitting SVDs that is lower than the standard AK mount.  Is this correct?  

I have a few side mounts kicking about but if a lower mount is available I would appreciate knowing.  If I mount a rifle eyes closed I am usually looking at the back of the receiver, and lower mounts really help.  

I could gaffer tape a few bits of old camping mat to the top of the stock again but getting a proper fit would be nice for once.  

5 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I have a few side mounts kicking about but if a lower mount is available I would appreciate knowing. 

The Cyma universal AK side optic mount fits and sit quite low, but if you already have one and have tried it and it not to your liking, there is the ZenitCo B-13N for the SVD that is a low profile optic mount . However I am not sure if there a airsoft reproduction version out.

The only other svd low optic mount I know of is the F.A.B. SVDM, NPZ Alfa and the Patriot M47 siderail.

Edited by Sniper780

I managed to find one for mine that was a little lower than the normal AK type.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I got it from or what it was.

I have a feeling it was from skirmshop, but looking on there they don't seem to have it anymore.

20210724_175143.jpg

It looks to be this type, but where you can get one from I don't know, I'm afraid.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60595790961/Quick-Detach-AK47-AK74-Side-Rail.html

Cheers everyone!  I'll hunt out my CYMA version and see how it works.  If it's still too high, I'll try Hudson's suggestion and Google some of those others mentioned.

On 17/01/2022 at 06:37, Sniper780 said:

The Cyma universal AK side optic mount fits and sit quite low, but if you already have one and have tried it and it not to your liking, there is the ZenitCo B-13N for the SVD that is a low profile optic mount . However I am not sure if there a airsoft reproduction version out.

There is also the Midwest industries mount which may work. You can get one for cheap off AliExpress and they're pretty well made.

PXL_20211228_110311611.jpg

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

Bugger!  Just bought another side rail mount before seeing this!

Looks good though.  If you can PM me a price paypal and posted I would be both grateful and interested.  

If it comes down to it having a spare rail may mean having to get another gnu to mount it on...

16 hours ago, #blackadder said:

If you still need the MI SVD mount I have one that used to be on my SVU .

Shown with a standard mount for comparison -

27BB8197-A07E-4703-9059-91014E165D3F.jpeg

12 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

If it comes down to it having a spare rail may mean having to get another gnu to mount it on...

Spoken like a true airsoft connoisseur, in fairness that MI scope mount is definitely driving me towards a cyma SVD whenever a real wood one comes in stock in the UK again. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.