SHS Rotary Hop

Tactical Pith Helmet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Are these worth getting?  I resent being asked £15 plus postage for a ZCI unit until AK2M4 gets some stock in.  Then again I'd not begrudge the extra if the SHS unit is crap.  

I particularly like the way the ZCI doesn't shift when adjusted.  

SHS used to be decent but I have a distinct memory of them moulding the nub into the arm with a design revision, Effectively making the unit worthless. @ak2m4 Should know more than me.

Edited by Iceni

I can confirm they use an integrated type B tensioner.

Definitely not an issue if you're not using a R-Hop or any other concave patched rubber (Maple Leaf and others of similar shape). In theory it works exceptionally well with PDI W-Hold rubbers.

Adjustment is SUPER stiff but once tuned, they stay there no matter what.

Before buying three Maxx chambers I had one of those (black) in my PDW and it worked flawlessly with a prommy purple.

as skara said it's got the molded nub on the arm now so not hugely beneficial for flat contact-patch buckings.  last few days I've been testing my new nubs and bucking with lots of different combinations of gearbox shells, chambers, nozzles - it really is a nightmare of a minefield.  If you do a lot of builds then it's really worth keeping a few different brands to hand.  

It is still a good chamber!

You can also swap hop arms with similar shape units, I, for example, swapped the arm with a madbull one once.

Not the same dimensions but it fit nice and allowed me to use concave tensioners :)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Skara said:

You can also swap hop arms with similar shape units

But if I had (say) a ZCI rotary hop, why wouldn't I just use the whole ZCI rotary hop?

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

But if I had (say) a ZCI rotary hop, why wouldn't I just use the whole ZCI rotary hop?

Yes, but what if you're replacing a cracked unit? You can still use the "universal" arm :P

Cheers for all the info everyone.  I may give one a whirl and see how it goes.  Definitely a good idea to get a few in stock I think.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.