Buying first airsoft replica

Snowball

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there really isn't that much performance difference between the two of them they are very common guns. If you use the forum Search function you will find countless posts going over these guns

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Hello, buying my first airsoft replica in next 2 weeks, and i don't know much about them, but i found 2 of them that are looking good to me

-G&G GC16 Predator
-Specna Arms SA-e07 Edge 2.0

can you tell me cons and pros for them, 

Thank you.

Just don't buy the Predator in the classifieds section.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Just don't buy the Predator in the classifieds section.

i will buy new from the store if i decide to get one haha :D

51 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I'd chose the Specna

Only an idiot would buy that 😆

can you gimme a bit of details why specna and not g&g?

I'd take the "Specna Arms SA-E07 Edge 2.0" out of the two, with the prime reason being the "GATE ASTER" (which is hopefully the "v2" model, but Patrol Base doesn't confirm this).

Get your self the "USB-Link" dongle for the GATE ASTER and there are then so many things you can configure in the "GATE Control Station" app on a smartphone...

https://gatee.eu/products/aster

45 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Both are good but I prefer the metal body of the Specna

The OP specified the GC16, which is metal-bodied. Likely to be stronger than the Specna as it's billet-styled with extra girth around the rear of the lower

The CM variant is plastic bodied, which to be honest is just as good (if not better) as Specna's metal bodies in terms of strength (I have both right in front of me to compare).

I would buy the G&G (Plastic) along with a Perun ETU++ personally. You get most of the features of the Aster (no dongle required!!), and G&G's QA/QC is generally better.

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The OP specified the GC16, which is metal-bodied. Likely to be stronger than the Specna as it's billet-styled with extra girth around the rear of the lower

The CM variant is plastic bodied, which to be honest is just as good (if not better) as Specna's metal bodies in terms of strength (I have both right in front of me to compare).

I would buy the G&G (Plastic) along with a Perun ETU++ personally. You get most of the features of the Aster (no dongle required!!), and G&G's QA/QC is generally better.

thanks for answer mate! il check this perun etu++ aslo :D

I was in your shoes a couple of weeks ago. If you want something a little bit cheaper and is a good starter have a look at the Double Eagle M90 series. There are full metal options too. 

They are fairly new and some people have a few concerns over the fake chinese Titan but everyone I know haven't had any issues at all. Build quality is overall very impressive for the cost.

Specna quality metal body will outlast G&G every time but the Orion in the Specna has always had problems but of late the newer ones have been spot on. I know a lot of this doesn’t mean much to you if your just starting,but honestly find a gun you like. Specna and G&G pretty much same except the MOSFET and metal body which is defiantly worth. But as mentioned Double eagle is really good for the price check them out too. But don’t just buy a gun just because everyone else has it. But I’m looking in getting a Specna because of the aster an the metal body one less thing I have to buy to put inside of it. An I have two Krytacs, Specna is really the best Bang for your buck. 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, ENDLES5INFERNO said:

Specna quality metal body will outlast G&G every time 

Yeah...that's not entirely true.

Cast alloy is not inherently better than a decent plastic (for reference, I have a metal bodied Specna and a plastic bodied G&G) in terms of strength or durability. Some G&G models do have plastic rails too which are gash but the GC16 Predator is an alloy body and rail so that really isn't an issue.  Once you start to compare the quality of the Specna metal with the G&G metal then you're honestly just into different grades of average. None of the cast metal receivers on the market are all that great as long as you don't buy a REALLY cheap one. It's only once you start paying silly money and buying machined parts that it truly makes a difference and once you get to that point you just won't care what anyone else says because you won't hear them over the sound of your wallet crying.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Thanks, that's very informative.

11 hours ago, ENDLES5INFERNO said:

And that's less so.  Why do you think the Specna metal bodies are more robust than the G&G?  Do you disagree with the above?

Truth is, either one should be fine, as far as airsoft toys go.  Just accept that they are very expensive toys, and not pieces of quality engineering.

I'd agree that G&G have been more historically consistent, but Specnas offer more features and better value for money - if you get a good one, which you probably will now.  It's always a bit of a gamble.  I also agree that the plastic bodied G&G CM16s are pretty good for the price too, and it's a really nice, light but strong plastic that's likely to take a drop better than random pot metal bodies.  But then they've still got dial hop units rather than rotaries and no QC spring, so again, Specna Cores (or the cheapest Edges) beat them on features.

None of them are bad choices, just get whatever you fancy and enjoy it.

12 hours ago, ENDLES5INFERNO said:

Like fuck it will.

Wall thickness of the Specna 'Quality' body is really thin, even for Airsoft Standards - I have a stripped Edge receiver sat in front of me right now that I'm just putting back together. Again.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don’t like sowing machines

I love sewing machines. I have two down my shed. I use them to sew things - like ripped school uniform for the kids. I've been learning to make kites (another hobby) with ripstop nylon. Planning to make a 6ft Rokkaku kite and stick a camera on it...

Oh....you mean AEGs...my bad....

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I don’t like sowing machines

I don't like cricket...

1 hour ago, Snowball said:

So I decided that i want G&G Predator, but the problem now is i can't find it anywhere online, with shipping to Croatia :(

TaiwanGun ship to Croatia, just bite the bullet and buy a Double Eagle M90X from them instead 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.