Tokyo Marui Scar L magazine compatability

TuckyTuckyd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am considering buying a TM scar-l (not the cqc).

I am going to buy a few PTS mags which work with the bolt stop function.

My question is, if i need to use my normal M4 mags. in an emergency, will the gun work/ fire without adaptation?

I do not mind temporarily losing the bolt stop function, while I use my normal M4 mags. in an emergency.

You need to purchase and fit an adapter to use normal mags. The Laylax one fits the SCAR L

12 hours ago, TuckyTuckyd said:

I am considering buying a TM scar-l (not the cqc).

I am going to buy a few PTS mags which work with the bolt stop function.

My question is, if i need to use my normal M4 mags. in an emergency, will the gun work/ fire without adaptation?

I do not mind temporarily losing the bolt stop function, while I use my normal M4 mags. in an emergency.

Why have a TM scar if you don't mind losing the bolt stop function? Buy more TM magazines?

Edited by Sneaky
Spelling.

6 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Why have a TM scar if you don't mind losing the bolt stop function? Buy more TM magazines?

Because that's not the only reason to own one. Also, what I believe the OP was alluding too is at airsoft skirmish sites, you can usually either purchase or borrow standard M4/stanag mags. So they're after a gun which can accept those in case they lose, break or forget magazines for the gun.

20 hours ago, TuckyTuckyd said:

Thats a shame. Thanks.

The adaptor is only 6 quid and takes two seconds to fit.

Yes i know you are right about the mags. Either buy more mags. Or forget the gun or get adaptor.

I would really like to own a TM gun and like the look of the Scar, so in short YES TO THE GUN AND YES TO BUYING MORE MAGS 

What the hell, you only live once and you can not take your money with you. 

Cheers everyone.

19 minutes ago, TuckyTuckyd said:

Yes i know you are right about the mags. Either buy more mags. Or forget the gun or get adaptor.

I would really like to own a TM gun and like the look of the Scar, so in short YES TO THE GUN AND YES TO BUYING MORE MAGS 

What the hell, you only live once and you can not take your money with you. 

Cheers everyone.

That's the spirit!

• 1 month later...

Just like to say thank you to those people who replied to my original post several weeks ago and here is a picture of my Tokyo Marui Scar-L which I purchased on Friday from Defcon and used on a game day yesterday at Stormforce.

Yes it is great, fantastic accuracy (no adjustment to the hopup requied), and good range. The recoil sounds great and the bolt stop function is very useful as you know when your magazine is empty.IMG_20211010_085630.thumb.jpg.dc5c7ce2adde30563f4bcb23f2528c20.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.