Multicam tropic trouser and shirt - Emerson or TMC?

Sneaky

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I have got a wish list saved for trousers and a shirt from Ur-tactical that I am looking to buy.  I have bought from them in the past and the quality is great.  I have seen the same things from Emerson Gear and TMC.

How do these two brands compare as I can pick up most of my stuff from Emerson much cheaper. 

Any information/experience of using Emerson/TMC trousers and shirt would be great.

I have seen some reviews on YouTube, but I would reather hear from you lot!

Many Thanks

Edited by Sneaky
More to add.

I have a set of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000960443462.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d6ytqmY

Totally passable and will last as long as the amount I have invested in them. Really happy for the money.

Used them for 2 games and havent fallen apart. 

Are they as good as my Gen 1 or 3 Crye.... No but they accept the knee pads and look the part enough for me to care. 

Only issue you might have if you one of those two part shooter belts, is that the rear loops are a little skinny and need to be widened. 

TMC and Emerson are not going to be much better and these Ali ones are definitely as good as the Viper or Kombat ones 

• Supporters

I have some OPS trousers and shirts and some Emerson ones. (I even have an old Viper UBACS somewhere that was my first ever - utter garbage but you live and you learn).

The OPS trousers are definitely better made. They've also survived a good number of washes without fading which is more than can be said for the Emersons. They started out life as passable Kryptek Typhon pattern but are now basically just black-ish.

What colour are you looking at?

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I have some OPS trousers and shirts and some Emerson ones. (I even have an old Viper UBACS somewhere that was my first ever - utter garbage but you live and you learn).

The OPS trousers are definitely better made. They've also survived a good number of washes without fading which is more than can be said for the Emersons. They started out life as passable Kryptek Typhon pattern but are now basically just black-ish.

What colour are you looking at?

I'm going for multicam tropic, doe summer time use.  I am still thinking of sticking with what has worked in the past (ops mulitcam gear - still very good condition after a couple of years airsofting).  I am testing the waters really, but will more than likely stick with Ur-tactical.  I am surprised by the other brands as I still have my old TMC plate carrier which is ten years old and solid.  I did by off ebay an Emerson multicam tropic silencer sleeve, three weeks ago for my SR25 and that looked wlll made and still intact after last Sundays airsofting.

@Lozart Were you at Red Alert last Sunday?

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

I'm going for multicam tropic, doe summer time use.  I am still thinking of sticking with what has worked in the past (ops mulitcam gear - still very good condition after a couple of years airsofting).  I am testing the waters really, but will more than likely stick with Ur-tactical.  I am surprised by the other brands as I still have my old TMC plate carrier which is ten years old and solid.  I did by off ebay an Emerson multicam tropic silencer sleeve, three weeks ago for my SR25 and that looked wlll made and still intact after last Sundays airsofting.

@Lozart Were you at Red Alert last Sunday?

Sorry, no I was at Gunman Camp Bravo :(

OPS is good for the money, I prefer TMC to Emerson but to be honest for me it's more down to who makes stuff the size for my fat old arse. I've started running a set of FFI G3 gear and it's very nice (they don't seem to do MCTP though).

• Supporters

I’ve got tru spec trousers in MC tropic which are an outstanding bit of kit but for shirts I can highly recommend one of these from UKMC pro again cracking bit of kit and with the discounted price your on to a winner .👍

https://ukmcpro.co.uk/collections/shirts-ubacs/products/bulldog-mk4-ubacs-combat-shirt?variant=31440295854214

• Supporters

Long term you will most likely be a lot better off if the garment (whatever the brand is) uses legit MCT fabric, as highlighted by some experiences above.  That's the big difference between more low/mid-range priced uniforms from proper manufacturers vs pure chinese cloners that only make copies for the airsoft market.  Shirts and trousers from Tru-Spec and Leo Kohler are what I mainly find myself recommending these days.

Not sure they do it in the Tropic pattern, but Propper's Tac.U range and cut has always impressed me.

I would go for the UR Tactical/OPS kit over TMC/Emerson everytime.

Although normal pattern Multicam Crye Precision made kit is at clone prices on ebay these days.

Edited by Dentonboy

43 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Not sure they do it in the Tropic pattern, but Propper's Tac.U range and cut has always impressed me.

I would go for the UR Tactical/OPS kit over TMC/Emerson everytime.

Although normal pattern Multicam Crye Precision made kit is at clone prices on ebay these days.

Sticking to what I know and rely on, just ordered last night from Ur tactical;

Stealth warrior trousers,

Tactical belt,

Boonie,

Gen 2 combat shirt,

All in Multicam tropic.

Now getting excited, like it is Christmas all over again!

Thanks all for your input. 

Hi all,  what about the quality of their plate carriers regarding Emerson, as alost of TMC stuff is out of stock for now.

PCs seem good for what you pay. Or look on Instagram or Crye FB sellers for cheap Crye JPCs for copy prices.

• Supporters
On 28/08/2021 at 10:30, Sneaky said:

Hi all,  what about the quality of their plate carriers regarding Emerson, as alost of TMC stuff is out of stock for now.

Pretty decent. Which PC are you after?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.