MP5 SD6 SWAT Top Rail

Andy Cr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Andy Cr changed the title to MP5 SD6 SWAT Top Rail
  • Supporters

There is also the Uber rare TM high level claw mount … but I doubt you will find one (unless TM are gunna do another run off them for the mp5 ngrs 🤷‍♂️)

The high level claw mount that TM did was a copy of a RS item. The real ones are now pretty affordable as they have fallen out use in favour of the lower profile screw down mounts due to their weight and the fact that the newer style mounts give you a much lower height over bore, so a noticeably smaller shift in zero at close ranges. I often see them going for not much money at airsoft sales or on various selling sites. However unless you are going for an authentic retro build I wouldn't bother.

I have a pair of WE apaches that I run eotech's on and I just used the following from Amazon, they work well are as cheep as chips and you can get it delivered free next day if you have Amazon Prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ToopMount-Tactical-Profile-Aluminum-Picatinny/dp/B0888HPMNS/ref=dp_prsubs_3?pd_rd_i=B0888HPMNS&psc=1

D28880A2-5A95-4F7F-BF9D-BEFDFCEB795A.jpeg

Edited by Cyberlawyer
Any excuse to post pics of my MP5 GBBRs

6 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

The high level claw mount that TM did was a copy of a RS item. The real ones are now pretty affordable as they have fallen out use in favour of the lower profile screw down mounts due to their weight and the fact that the newer style mounts give you a much lower height over bore, so a noticeably smaller shift in zero at close ranges. I often see them going for not much money at airsoft sales or on various selling sites. However unless you are going for an authentic retro build I wouldn't bother.

I have a pair of WE apaches that I run eotech's on and I just used the following from Amazon, they work well are as cheep as chips and you can get it delivered free next day if you have Amazon Prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ToopMount-Tactical-Profile-Aluminum-Picatinny/dp/B0888HPMNS/ref=dp_prsubs_3?pd_rd_i=B0888HPMNS&psc=1

D28880A2-5A95-4F7F-BF9D-BEFDFCEB795A.jpeg

I have found that the MP5 doesn't need a high mount sight due to the drop on the stock (even with face-pro) unlike the in-line M4 style. Can't imagine using a red dot on a high mount even with my giraffe neck!

Also....lovely collection there! GBBs?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.