Goggles for people with glasses

Spilly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know a good pair of goggles to go over glasses, bonus if they dont fog alot plus if anyone has any good tips or hacks for fogging they would be greatly appreciated 🙏 

19 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I use this type.

Can fit my glasses inside.

The glasses can still fog but less of a problem because there is more airflow

I heard that mesh wasn't that good for goggles because bbs can sometimes break through how are these for durability?

No they won't break through.

A BB shattering is a possibility but I've never seen or heard of it actually happening.

Because we wear glasses underneath I don't think its a danger.

Its advisable to keep the glasses from being in direct contact with the mesh because the impact could transfer into the glasses and break them.

A bit of foam on the inside of the mesh goggles where the bridge of the glasses sit.

Edited by EDcase

49 minutes ago, EDcase said:

A BB shattering is a possibility but I've never seen or heard of it actually happening.

Its advisable to keep the glasses from being in direct contact with the mesh because the impact could transfer into the glasses and break them.

A bit of foam on the inside of the mesh goggles where the bridge of the glasses sit.

Okay thank you very much i will give them a go see how they feel 

Good luck on the fogging front, make sure your glasses do not touch your face at all (apart from nose bridge obv).

Ultimately Ive found mesh OTGs to work best for non fogging whilst wearing specs.

I recently have bought Bolle X800 and had prescription inserts made, I have not games with them yet but nothing touched your face and they are fully ventilated.

As a glasses wearer I use these...

https://www.specs4sports.co.uk/evader-2-over-glasses-goggles--camo-frame-clear-lens-5534-p.asp

... and also have a pair of...

https://www.jtntools.co.uk/bolle-safety-coversi-coverall-platinum-safety-goggles-ventilated-clear-lens-55360-p.asp

... as a backup, but I primarily use the Evader 2's as they have foam covered holes for ventilation and have their "ANSI" rating printed into the plastic rims.

Even with the ventilation holes the Evader 2's can fog up, and if you're someone who gets a bit hot / sweaty it's more likely to happen. I've got "Revision" wipes from eBay to help with fogging, and as an extreme solution I've also recently bought an "ExFog" that I've not yet setup (I want to test of the Revision wipes some more first, but the ExFog will have to be used for indoors only CQB as at Z-Mart I fogged like crazy).

One thing I've found out about fogging, as a hot / sweaty / heavy breathing bloke, is that the face mask you use can have a negative effect in that some unfortunately channel your breath upwards so it hits or potential enters the goggles. I've dropped my Nuprol face mask now for a Delta Mike Snood, so the ear and nose protection is not as good as previously, but my hot breath is now not channelled vertically 👍

(as an aside I'm too risk adverse to ever wear mesh goggles, I don't trust cheap bio BB's not shattering, and I don't let my son wear them either)

Best solution I’ve found for glasses are the Guard Dog Evader 2’s

https://www.specs4sports.co.uk/evader-2-over-glasses-goggles--black-frame-clear-lens-5515-p.asp

Myself and most of my airsofting bespectacled chums all use them now.

As for fogging, they’re about as good/bad as any other goggle. The only thing I’ve ever found, over many years of trying to stop fogging is exfog.

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

... as a backup, but I primarily use the Evader 2's as they have foam covered holes for ventilation and have their "ANSI" rating printed into the plastic rims.

Pull the foam out. It's only there to filter out dust and without it you'll get better airflow.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, EDcase said:

I've only seen it happening in CQB, with (I'm fairly confident) 0.2g ASG Blasters, not otherwise.

Wearing glasses under the mash should prevent any issues from that, or from paint spalling.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
11 hours ago, EDcase said:

I was playing at Camp Sparta at a Brit Tac event in July - I turned a corner, falling back and one of my buddies managed to get a quick burst off, all 3 going right into my eye from no more than 30cm away!

Shrapnel - paint, BB plastic - flew into my left eye and I spent the next 30 minutes washing my eye out, then over the course of the evening my eye pushed the rest out with lots of gunk - Eyes are good at getting foreign bodies out, which I'm grateful for!

I think I'm still pretty confident in using Mesh situationally, as it felt like a very unique situation but I must admit I've thought about having some level of lens behind the mesh to try and catch shrapnel from the very front.

Do glasses fog up under mesh? If they don't, I could see them being the perfect solution for me.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

27 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I was playing at Camp Sparta at a Brit Tac event in July - I turned a corner, falling back and one of my buddies managed to get a quick burst off, all 3 going right into my eye from no more than 30m away!

Shrapnel - paint, BB plastic - flew into my left eye and I spent the next 30 minutes washing my eye out, then over the course of the evening my eye pushed the rest out with lots of gunk - Eyes are good at getting foreign bodies out, which I'm grateful for!

I think I'm still pretty confident in using Mesh situationally, as it felt like a very unique situation but I must admit I've thought about having some level of lens behind the mesh to try and catch shrapnel from the very front.

Do glasses fog up under mesh? If they don't, I could see them being the perfect solution for me.

Thanks for that.  I'd only ever heard of it as a theoretical possibility.

Yes, certainly a rare situation but obviously it can still happen.  That's why I wouldn't use mesh unless I had the glasses underneath.

The glasses do still fog under extreme conditions BUT because there's plenty of airflow around them they clear quickly.

(I did also put CatCrap on the glasses)

Edited by EDcase

3 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

As a glasses wearer I use these...

https://www.specs4sports.co.uk/evader-2-over-glasses-goggles--camo-frame-clear-lens-5534-p.asp

... and also have a pair of...

https://www.jtntools.co.uk/bolle-safety-coversi-coverall-platinum-safety-goggles-ventilated-clear-lens-55360-p.asp

Even with the ventilation holes the Evader 2's can fog up, and if you're someone who gets a bit hot / sweaty it's more likely to happen. I've got "Revision" wipes from eBay to help with fogging, and as an extreme solution I've also recently bought an "ExFog" that I've not yet setup (I want to test of the Revision wipes some more first, but the ExFog will have to be used for indoors only CQB as at Z-Mart I fogged like crazy).

One thing I've found out about fogging, as a hot / sweaty / heavy breathing bloke, is that the face mask you use can have a negative effect in that some unfortunately channel your breath upwards so it hits or potential enters the goggles. I've dropped my Nuprol face mask now for a Delta Mike Snood, so the ear and nose protection is not as good as previously, but my hot breath is now not channelled vertically 👍

(as an aside I'm too risk adverse to ever wear mesh goggles, I don't trust cheap bio BB's not shattering, and I don't let my son wear them either)

Have actually been looking at the evader 2s and seeing you and another comment has made up my mind think ill spend the bit extra and go with them might even invest in the exfog ststem as have only heard good things.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.