dmr

sc1970

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi,i would like to use one of my existing guns to create a dmr(my gun tech will actually be doing the job).we are going to use a  heavily upgraded g and g combat machine as the base gun,he is very confident he can make a great dmr out of this platform, would change hop chamber,hop rubber,spring change,maybe new nozzle and piston head too.locked to semi also.i was just wondering if anybody has made a dmr out of a similar platform to the combat machine and what the performance was like

I've made a DMR before, but not on a similar platform. Did mine to a TM m14 and was wholly disappointed, so when I HPA it (waiting in anticipation for that Hydra to arrive...), I'll be keeping it to 1.1J. I can't recommend Maple Leaf macaron rubbers enough. They're super good when paired with an omega nub it just feels unfair :P 

• Supporters

Should be fine, there are no surprises in the G&Gs, and they don't have notably weak gearboxes.

The thing is, you can do most those things to a 1.1J AEG and get most of the benefits.  The only actual DMR things about it are the spring and locking to semi, and it's a matter of some debate whether this is worth the trade off.

I'm enjoying my Specna Arms based DMR (until the gearbox inevitably cracks...) but that's shooting at 1.8J and even then it's not got a huge amount of extra range over an auto gun.  I'm scrupulous about sticking to MEDs and one-in-the-air, although I know some DMR players are... less so.

I'd suggest keeping the stock spring and selector plate handy in case you want to swap it back again.  The one downside I'd point out to using the G&G is that it doesn't have a quick change spring.

hi,thanks for all that great advice,the reason i am using the combat machine is i have five other guns that fill the aeg assault rifle role,so this one is a back up for my daughter as she loves her upgraded firehawk to bits!my gun tech was originally going to use a new gun as a base platform but thats pointless when there are options sitting there to be used.so hopefully we will see what the end result will be.thanks for all your feedback

• Supporters

Sure, if it's a spare gun, why not?  DMRs make for an interesting change of pace, and the only smart choice about airsoft is to never get into it in the first place. ;) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.