Best Mesh to Use as a Helmet Visor .

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So as the title says I’m looking for mesh to use as a visor on a helmet (it’s a master chief full face helmet) I’m building for No1 son to use . The helmet it self is fine to use but obviously the visor is unusable as I have no idea how it would react to a bb hit but also as it is a full head helmet he’s going to sweat like a pig in a synagogue inside it with a perspex visor so I think full face mesh would be a much better idea . So question is what do people recommend and also any help where to get it would be of great help as I have NO idea what to use or where to get it from and be able to trust it .

• Druid799 changed the title to Best Mesh to Use as a Helmet Visor .

I would imagine that stainless would be an idea.  Whatever you paint/coat mild steel with has a tendency to chip.  

If you measured the thickness of a pair of standard off the shelf mesh goggles and used the same gauge stainless you would have something both lighter and stronger.  

• Supporters
12 hours ago, EDcase said:

This looks good but get a small bit to test first.

That should be more than sufficient.  I used 6 [edit, dammit] 8 PLI 0.7mm 2.47mm hole, and couldn't get it to dent in the garage with point blank 1.1J / 0.25g.  Although I never actually used it in game (as I managed to get polycarb working) and of course, test as hot and heavy as you can.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153822205824

And I'd agree with using stainless, what I actually got was the black epoxy stuff (because tacticool stealth) but that's going to be prone to spalling.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Might be worth using this behind the main screen to catch any potential shards for ultimate protection.

Not too concerned about the possibility of shattering BBs as he will be wearing prescription safety glasses underneath it .👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.