Finding Coleman Propane

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m having difficulty finding the large bottles of Coleman Propane available on the shelf in a store, I had hoped Decathlon, screwfix, tool station etc would stock it
I can buy from Amazon but the postage charge pretty much negates the saving of running it

What do you guys use, and where to pick it up 👍

546A7122-8DF3-456B-A118-B30E914EB07D.thumb.png.97d0ba2b037450db95c149a62a97009d.png

I gave up on tracking down Coleman and went with Rothenberger wherever is cheapest.  However, compare it to green in bulk/semi bulk and there isn't much in it really.

Edited by hitmanNo2

See if there's a 'Go Outdoors' near you.  They had those Coleman tanks.

My trouble with using propane was the fill nozzle always leaked.  Tried two different attachments but they both leak badly when I tried to fill a mag.

Edited by EDcase

31 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I gave up on tracking down Coleman and went with Rothenberger wherever is cheapest.  However, compare it to green in bulk/semi bulk and there isn't much in it really.

Rothenberger I can find

I guess the yellow can is the one to use?

566C4DFD-A1D3-4E67-8B53-7A2179E52633.thumb.png.93c46faaa8713db146172c4351b5b618.png

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Rothenberger I can find

I guess the yellow can is the one to use?

566C4DFD-A1D3-4E67-8B53-7A2179E52633.thumb.png.93c46faaa8713db146172c4351b5b618.png

I’ve always used the blue propane .

7 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I’m having difficulty finding the large bottles of Coleman Propane available on the shelf in a store, I had hoped Decathlon, screwfix, tool station etc would stock it
I can buy from Amazon but the postage charge pretty much negates the saving of running it

What do you guys use, and where to pick it up 👍

546A7122-8DF3-456B-A118-B30E914EB07D.thumb.png.97d0ba2b037450db95c149a62a97009d.png

Looks like same fitting as rothenburger map gas as used by plumbers🤔

Just collected the Blue Rothenberger, my fill nozzle arrived yesterday so now just waiting on my wee bottle of silicon oil arriving in the post (Went for Abbey) and I shall get this tried out at the weekend 👍

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Noob question - why picking these specific brands? Won't any bottle with propane do? Is it about the shape or does this one doesn't smell like rotten eggs? (can you even buy odorless propane anywhere?)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just collected the Blue Rothenberger, my fill nozzle arrived yesterday so now just waiting on my wee bottle of silicon oil arriving in the post (Went for Abbey) and I shall get this tried out at the weekend 👍

Basically that’s my exact set up for the past umpteen yrs when ever I can’t get Colman !😂👍

4 hours ago, ziCk_ said:

Noob question - why picking these specific brands? Won't any bottle with propane do? Is it about the shape or does this one doesn't smell like rotten eggs? (can you even buy odorless propane anywhere?)

Yup any propane will do , just Coleman and Rothenberger are the two well known easily available brands .

The rotten egg smell is simply added so you can smell it , Airsoft green gas For all intents and purposes is just propane without the detection agent , but it has had silicone oil added to it unlike bottles of ‘propane to burn’ hence you need to add a few drops of oil to the fill nozzle before you fill your mags . 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.