Building My First HPA DMR (Surprise, It's a Kc02)

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

These are just stunning.

Thanks Steve!

I’ve just sold the Black and Gold combo as my new job is kicking my arse and I’ve only managed to play once since December. 

Did find a new obsession though, been secretly buying WA Spec AR’s and filling em with RS parts…

IMG_6992.jpeg

Ironic selling guns because they don’t get any use and then buying more because I’m bored…

In other news, some of you will likely have seen Novristch has released a not-quite-a-KC02. 

The Novristch gun is based on the A1A Raptor and has some dimensional and parts differences. 

You will eventually be able to fill them with RogueWorx parts but for now, their (amazing) VSR hop conversion and nozzle don’t fit the Novristch gun - due to the unusual sizing of the hop wheel on the A1A thanks to the takedown feature that hasn’t made it to the Novritsch gun.

10 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Thanks Steve!

I’ve just sold the Black and Gold combo as my new job is kicking my arse and I’ve only managed to play once since December. 

Did find a new obsession though, been secretly buying WA Spec AR’s and filling em with RS parts…

IMG_6992.jpeg

Ironic selling guns because they don’t get any use and then buying more because I’m bored…

In other news, some of you will likely have seen Novristch has released a not-quite-a-KC02. 

The Novristch gun is based on the A1A Raptor and has some dimensional and parts differences. 

You will eventually be able to fill them with RogueWorx parts but for now, their (amazing) VSR hop conversion and nozzle don’t fit the Novristch gun - due to the unusual sizing of the hop wheel on the A1A thanks to the takedown feature that hasn’t made it to the Novritsch gun.

Sorry to hear the job is taking up so much time! Moved line of work completely? You were doing AV right?

When I saw the SSQ the first person I thought of was you, wondered what your thoughts were on the concept, the base model he's adopted and how you think it will pan out. If in doubt - ask an expert. Not looking at buying one but interested to know "how bad" it should be...

Moved into an export account manager role for my favourite manufacturer, travel is a killer.

Last month, I’ve been to Denmark, France, Belgium and Holland. Next, I’m in Germany for 10 days…

Months are just falling off the calendar 

The SSQ - It’s got some nice ideas but the platform that they’re basing it on is infamously terrible.

It’s still got half of the takedown feature on the receiver so the only fixture point for the barrel is the rail, which is not exactly ideal…

The trigger box is easier to work on than the KC02 as the side comes off. Bonus! The infamously fragile parts like the bolt-stop have been replaced with fairly primitive water cut steel parts. They’ll certainly last longer. 

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the internals, the gun still has an auto sear in the trigger box. It’s redundant as they binned the selector but the gun still has two sears?!

The A1A nozzles are known to bulge, crack and shear.

The inner barrel is VSR cut but a proprietary fit and outer diameter.

The receiver is made of the heaviest and crappiest pot metal. It’s almost twice the weight of a KC02 receiver.

The Rogueworx guys are working on bringing out a proper hop conversion and good nozzle for it. It’s not terrible, it’s just a shame they chose a flawed starting pew

• 1 month later...

Ran this thing at ZedMart last night, it absolutely slayed!

IMG_9865.thumb.jpeg.75fc67ac8bbb19e5a14875ea196377f5.jpegIMG_9866.thumb.jpeg.a9161a6522cb0c9ebbe4814fed27f5cb.jpeg

Thats a Ruger Charger stock, it’s recommended to be used in combination with a bipod as a backpack varmint rifle but it makes an absolute demon of a CQB gun

I am paying the price today for my slightly devil-may-care playstyle during last nights game. Did a bit of rushing in and I’m absolutely covered in welts… this is probably the worstIMG_0013.thumb.jpeg.6c09efbe716af20fc91464abfd8e81dc.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.