Tm Hk416d Double Fire/Overspin

Droven

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello my fellow Airsoft enthusiasts.

So I recently decided to service my TM HK416D and while I was at it switch the power over to Deans. This is where my problems began so the gun is now double firing/over spinning since I moved over to Deans but I am not convinced this is the root cause of the issue. any advice would be welcomed as I am starting to pull my hair out and I have spent over £700 on parts for this gun.

Spring (New) Eagle 6 M100 (I have just got a gaurder SP100 spring too but I have not yet tried inside the gearbox)

Gears

Motor (Was a Lonax A1 but I changed to the ASG due to the double firing issue)

Mosfet Black talon v2 (I have tried active break but still double firing on semi)

Piston already has extra tooth removed bringing total 2 removed

Battery 7.4 25c LiPo

I Wont bother to list the rest of the gearbox but its all Prometheus or Lonax replacements nothing inside the gun is stock. 

Anyone care to throw there experience at it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Droven
spellcheck

Gearbox:

Spring (New) Eagle 6 M100 (I have just got a Gaurder SP100 spring too but I have not yet tried inside the gearbox)

Gears

Motor 

Mosfet Black talon V2 (I have tried active break but still double firing on semi)

Piston

Piston Head

Cylinder

Tapper plate

Air nozel

Lonax Hopup

Maple Leaf nub and rubber

Prometheus barrel

I have probably missed something but I think thats everything. Yeah defo deep end

• Supporters

i wouldn't call that a service, that's most of the internals.....

when you say black talon i presume you mean the spectre?

i'd be tempted to say try her on the original trigger contacts (leave the rest of the build as-is) see if there's something in how the mosfet is operating causing the problem.

the internals haven't changed had them for couple of years I lubed the gears and changed to deans power connector.

it was only after the deans swap the issues started and thats when i changed motor and spring. still getting the issue tho and I only use 7.4v 25c LiPos

I think I might have the original trigger contacts still it is possible the mosfet has had its day and yes it is the spectre

yup but I haven't used the gun in like 2+ years now ergo the service and power switch to deans.

it just baffles me since I use normal ratio gears with mosfet and a not crazy powered battery 😕 

• Supporters

yeah, i'm running one of those 30k's on a 7.4v on 12:1 and it's not fast enough to give ab any issue stopping it (kinda the point of the stupid strength those motors have)

do you have any kind of precocking enabled? could be the mild rps jump from the deans switch has pushed it just over the threshold

2 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

To clarify;

Shelved for 2 years

Picked off the shelf and fired perfectly

Changed to deans, get double fire?

yup, I think it might be the mostfet or maybe its as Adolf Hamster said and extra power is just to much, i did have the Lonax A1 in which I thought was the cause after going to deans so that's when I swapped it with a ASG 30k torque instead 😕 

Edited by Droven

Unless you had some SERIOUS electrical resistance before Deans doesnt make that much of a difference.

Once again not enough info - what osefet is it specifically?

Im thinking most likely a cut-off sensor issue, mechanical wear/jam/dried up grease or something

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Unless you had some SERIOUS electrical resistance before Deans doesnt make that much of a difference.

indeed, enough to push it over if precocking is involved not sure it'd do enough on a standard setup.

I have ordered a new mosfet, I tried active brake no change it locked up with the guarder sp100 spring although I didn't cut it down yet. I will test it with the Eagle 6 m100 spring and new mosfet when it arrives I went with the gate v2 ngrs. 

Sorry what do you mean by offset?  I did re grease it all and clean everything  I have got a new spare piston but the current one is still in pretty good condition 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Droven said:

Sorry what do you mean by offset?

think he mis-spelled mosfet.

black talon is the company that makes them rather than the name of the mosfet itself.

I have a gun with the ASG 35K on 18:1 gears that double shoots on semi with 7.4v.

I find it's not really an issue, As it clears up after half a mag with my setup.

Typically I'll spam half a mag in the safe zone then chrono. On a battery swap you just have to be careful of going into semi only engagement ranges until you've dropped that half mag.

Provided you are sensible and not at a semi only site then it's not a problem. Everyone who doesn't know just think you have a 2 rnd burst mode.

So my advice is dump a mag and see where it settles. If it's still double shooting, Or you play at semi only sites then correct it. Otherwise just play it like a 2rnd burst and watch those engagements until you are confident it's depleted enough to be semi only again. A secondary advantage of this is the gun will be naturally pre-cocking once you hit that single shot semi point.

Edited by Iceni

On 28/03/2021 at 13:41, Iceni said:

I have a gun with the ASG 35K on 18:1 gears that double shoots on semi with 7.4v.

I find it's not really an issue, As it clears up after half a mag with my setup.

Typically I'll spam half a mag in the safe zone then chrono. On a battery swap you just have to be careful of going into semi only engagement ranges until you've dropped that half mag.

Provided you are sensible and not at a semi only site then it's not a problem. Everyone who doesn't know just think you have a 2 rnd burst mode.

So my advice is dump a mag and see where it settles. If it's still double shooting, Or you play at semi only sites then correct it. Otherwise just play it like a 2rnd burst and watch those engagements until you are confident it's depleted enough to be semi only again. A secondary advantage of this is the gun will be naturally pre-cocking once you hit that single shot semi point.

Naughty! No firing in the safe zone.lol 😉

Regards 

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

safe zone.lol

That would depend on your site.

The one I normally play at has a segmented safe zone. The inside of the building and back into the car parks are no fire at all. Once you go into the second part of the safe area you can shoot, but only if stood on the edge of the zone and are shooting outwards, Allowing you to chrono, and set up sights pre-game. When you come in after shooting the coral at the start of the safe zone is where you pull your mag fire off the last few BB's and show the magwell for inspection. It's still called the safe zone at that site, and you are never allowed to shoot towards it or through it. I suppose you could call it a staging area.

Other sites I've been to have had similar setups, with safe zone ranges and chrono setups, Where you are inside the safe zone but also allowed to shoot.

Either way it's fairly normal to have somewhere you can shoot that is not in the game zone, allowing a mag dump before chrono.

Lol.

Edited by Iceni

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.