Pistol Mags and Holster Problem....

DRay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

22 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

always a balance to be struck.

i mean you could argue spare magazines, pistols and webbing gear of all types is unnecessary given you can still play effectively with an arp9 and a drum.

Very true, but that would make you a twat/speedsofter...

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, DRay said:

Very true, but that would make you a twat/speedsofter...

not necessarily

while back due to technical difficulties ended up playing a whole day with nothing but a pps mosin and a speedloader in me pocket :P

Hi @Adolf Hamster! 👋

What was the PPS mosin like, was it the spring or gas one, as I’m planning to get one? 🔫🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Adolf Hamster! 👋

What was the PPS mosin like, was it the spring or gas one, as I’m planning to get one? 🔫🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

spring.

was pretty fun tbh, accuracy wise seemed pretty passable (caveat it was a sub 1j otherwise stock gun on .32's) i'd say somewhere in the region of stock vsr terrirory.

although the front sight mount is a bit flimsy on it, the one i was using wasn't that old and had already lost the front post.

the cocking peice on the bolt can sometimes rotate and jam on you, but once you get the hang of it it's ok.

mag's a bit weird, it works just fine once you figure it out, although constantly winding it up to reload mid-game will strip the skin off your thumb, reckon it'd be a right pain to fix if the string breaks though.

if you do get one then make sure and get the front sight attached as solid as you can and the wood isn't the nicest (but some wire wool and oil should sort that out)

Hi Adolf, 

My son has a Mosin but is having double feeding issues. Have you had this problem/do you know a solution. And yes i totally agree with the skin removal. Thanks. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Pappa Large said:

Hi Adolf, 

My son has a Mosin but is having double feeding issues. Have you had this problem/do you know a solution. And yes i totally agree with the skin removal. Thanks. 

afraid i can't really help there, it was a mates gun and only work i did to it was external (re-fitting the front post).

i'm guessing it's a vsr type feeding mechanism but couldn't say for sure.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Pappa Large said:

If that's the case then he's got his first wall hanger unless i can drop in/modify it to take other bolt action parts.

might not be the mag itself, there might be a vsr style mag cutoff that's sticking maybe?

like i say haven't been far enough into it to know what setup it's using.

Guest Airsoft J2
On 02/02/2021 at 19:12, concretesnail said:

Have a look at the warrior assault holster. It's universal hold type and can be sized for most pistols, it molle mounts so could go on the front. I'd look at the warrior pistol mag pouches too.

I have run both fornyears and theybhave been great, built restful tough and hold mags really well (I've never lost one despite never closing them).

If you don't fancy having them on your front you could also look for a molle belt panel that you slide over any belt. I'm sure you can find the on hueys and tactical kit uk

I'd be cautious about the Warrior Universal and a Sig - the holster pushes on the mag release and you will lose any mags in the gun while holstered.

I'd go for a Serpa or Safariland style holster, either on a belt or on a medium drop and with a leg strap.

2 minutes ago, Airsoft J2 said:

I'd be cautious about the Warrior Universal and a Sig - the holster pushes on the mag release and you will lose any mags in the gun while holstered.

I'd go for a Serpa or Safariland style holster, either on a belt or on a medium drop and with a leg strap.

Ive got the warrior and have done a lot of jumping up and down/running up and down the stairs with it. The only time the mag released was when I was leopard crawling round the kitchen and I think that might have been because the wife kicked me to get me to piss off. 

16 hours ago, Airsoft J2 said:

I've got not experience of that, although if you wrap it too tight it's rack the slide as you put it in 😅

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.