Jump to content

Not Quite a Walther Pp or a Makarov, the Sig Sauer P230!


Recommended Posts

Recently added the lovely SIG Sauer P230 by KSC to my collection not too long ago. Not sure what but there's a certain sleekness to this gun that I just love. Like I said, not quite a Walther PP or a Makarov but close enough.

 

Mentioning the Walther PP or a Makarov though, I'm currently on the lookout for those two as well!

 

But yeah, anyone else have a love for this gun?

815lkhtoqcb61.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was always tempted. I managed to get a traded spring one recently. Maruzen ppk is nice. Only thing is they are a little delicate but then is the ksc 230. I have the nbb maruzen ppk which is solid and shoots well. Makarov wise your best bet is the WE and if you want a traded one ky Airsoft. I think my favourite is the Walther tph though which I have a springer of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Was always tempted. I managed to get a traded spring one recently. Maruzen ppk is nice. Only thing is they are a little delicate but then is the ksc 230. I have the nbb maruzen ppk which is solid and shoots well. Makarov wise your best bet is the WE and if you want a traded one ky Airsoft. I think my favourite is the Walther tph though which I have a springer of.

For makarovs I had the kwc for a long time and never had an issue with it. Being co2 it worked all weather. The we ones Ive seen seem to have a 50/50 chance of working. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the same of the kwc going kaput fairly quickly a few times before too. I think both are not the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I heard the same of the kwc going kaput fairly quickly a few times before too. I think both are not the best.

I think you just have to pray to the qc gods and buy one. 

 

will say we has better parts availability though

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

there's a p230 that keeps ocasionally grabbing my eye in the classifieds, i keep trying to tell myself no but it's getting harder.

 

in terms of makarov's i'd say the KWC version is let down in a few respects- it's pretty spicy out of the box (although can be adjusted, mine was taken down to 1j by its previous owner), your options for parts are limited (particularly hop rubbers) so how it shoots is how it shoots, it's single action only and feels slightly out of proportion (bit big).

 

however the gun itself is reasonably solid and as others have said shoots pretty decently in all weathers.

 

what lets it really fall flat on its face is the magazines, they just leak bad. and have fun finding spare valves. fortunately you can trim down the lip on a 1911 valve to get it to fit which makes up for the fact that you just aren't getting proper replacements.

 

 

of the blowback makarovs (because who cares about nbb :P ) the WE offering imo is by far the superior, takes marui pattern hop rubbers/barrels, a very good hop design, has the proper da/sa action (with one of the best triggers i've met on a da/sa setup), spares are actually obtainable and the mags dont leak.

 

however the tradeoff as with most of we's stuff is it don't work in winter. a different piston head (which will likely need some fettling to fit because its thinner than standard) can help effeciency but even that had its limits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

of the blowback makarovs (because who cares about nbb :P ) the WE offering imo is by far the superior, takes marui pattern hop rubbers/barrels, a very good hop design, has the proper da/sa action (with one of the best triggers i've met on a da/sa setup), spares are actually obtainable and the mags dont leak.

 

however the tradeoff as with most of we's stuff is it don't work in winter. a different piston head (which will likely need some fettling to fit because its thinner than standard) can help effeciency but even that had its limits.

Thankfully, I'm not too worried about firing during the winter. I'm much more of a collector, so I'd just be happy to own that WE Makarov PM with the brown grips. I could get the Makarov W65U K which is all black but I'm in the mood for a classic! As far as I understand, the W65U K is based on the PMM and not just the PM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
1 minute ago, TheFriendlyBro said:

Thankfully, I'm not too worried about firing during the winter. I'm much more of a collector, so I'd just be happy to own that WE Makarov PM with the brown grips. I could get the Makarov W65U K which is all black but I'm in the mood for a classic! As far as I understand, the W65U K is based on the PMM and not just the PM.

 

yeah, the black grips are really surprisingly comfy to use though, i initially wanted brown too but frankly now i preferr the black.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

yeah, the black grips are really surprisingly comfy to use though, i initially wanted brown too but frankly now i preferr the black.

Welp, I just bought the W65U K! Going to hopefully pick up the PM version sometime soon. For now though, time to brush up on the PMM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
11 minutes ago, TheFriendlyBro said:

Welp, I just bought the W65U K! Going to hopefully pick up the PM version sometime soon. For now though, time to brush up on the PMM.

 

afaik the pmm is basically just a double stack version, although i'm not sure if it was a russian military thing or an export thing.

 

there comes a point where you have to go "fuck it, close enough"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

there comes a point where you have to go "fuck it, close enough"

 

Thats me with my PPK with my Russian loadout. It looks the same, and even has PP in the name. That counts right? Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
9 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

 

Thats me with my PPK with my Russian loadout. It looks the same, and even has PP in the name. That counts right? Haha

 

the amount of times the makarov gets confused for a pp......

 

i suppose in fairness it's a pretty blatant copy, although granted internally the russians did a lot of simplifying work to the point it's more of a derivative than a clone.

 

if anything it's impressive they managed to do anything to simplify a simple blowback pistol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...