Lmg/Gpmg - I Need People With Experience

JME

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

so presumably they're popular enough in the usa to merit such attention?

Popular yes, also discontinued. The S&T one is by all accounts a reasonable clone of the Echo 1 but I've only had direct experience with the A&K M249 para and the ASG M60E4. The M60 is lighter but the Para is also slightly better balanced as the stock is steel rather than plastic and the barrel is a lot shorter.

As for A&K having shit ammo boxes...they're hit and miss. I have two large boxes, they both feed fine but one has lost the sound trigger ability. I also have one of the A&K nutsack mags and that has sound but alos comes with a remote tape switch so that if the sound thing dies then you can still manually wind. They are like hen's teeth to find at the moment though.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, JME said:

Ahhhhh I see. I wasn’t too sure if they were clones or original designs. I’ll have a look into fusion. I just wanted to make sure if it blew up I could fix it with spares

It's a para though, but not a problem, I've got a full stock to fit it, , for not much wonga😁

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Lozart said:

As for A&K having shit ammo boxes...they're hit and miss. I have two large boxes, they both feed fine but one has lost the sound trigger ability. I also have one of the A&K nutsack mags and that has sound but alos comes with a remote tape switch so that if the sound thing dies then you can still manually wind. They are like hen's teeth to find at the moment though.

i'd agree with that.

the mechanisms seem to be sound enough, but both the 60 and pkm i've found worked much better once they'd been permanently re-wired to run off the trigger only.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.