3d Printed Airsoft Mags

HuttArmouries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

34 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Biggest issue i can see is the follower catching on the ridges left by the layers.

seconded.you'll need to print them as two have so that they can be finished to a smooth enough surface to  not cause feeding issues .

I'm planning on doing the same thing for my SCAR H. I've seen other people have done it and as others have said, they printed them in two halves so the ridged run inline with the path of the BBs. I'm also going to use existing mags as donors to get the springs, catch and follower from, as well as copying the internal dimensions. I think the best looking and strongest way of building it would be to have your two halves as internal pieces and then have a seperate sleeve that they slot into. That way you're separating your functional parts from your aesthetic parts. 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'm planning on doing the same thing for my SCAR H. I've seen other people have done it and as others have said, they printed them in two halves so the ridged run inline with the path of the BBs. I'm also going to use existing mags as donors to get the springs, catch and follower from, as well as copying the internal dimensions. I think the best looking and strongest way of building it would be to have your two halves as internal pieces and then have a seperate sleeve that they slot into. That way you're separating your functional parts from your aesthetic parts. 

Why bother with a Scar? I get the vz61, but theres plenty of mags for the Scar on the market, and some quite cheaply too.

39 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Why bother with a Scar? I get the vz61, but theres plenty of mags for the Scar on the market, and some quite cheaply too.

Not in the style I want though. I'm after a 10 round P-mag style as I'm building it as a super modernised DMR and there's nothing that can even be modified to work. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Not in the style I want though. I'm after a 10 round P-mag style as I'm building it as a super modernised DMR and there's nothing that can even be modified to work. 

Gotcha. So standard 762 PMags are too big huh?

11 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Gotcha. So standard 762 PMags are too big huh?

Yeah. I was going to use the CYMA SR-25 P-Mags but they are replicas of the 25 round mags which don't really suit the look I've got going

IMG_20200829_121747.jpg

There are a few options.

1. have the design uploaded to shapeways and print in their cheaper plastics. I've had designs from there that come without the layer lines.

2. print the internals in resin. completely smooth and since they are internal they shouldn't break. Even adding 25% flex resin to the vat will reduce that further.

3. print everything in resin and then create a silicon mould and pour flexible 2 part resin into the mould. this is the cheapest option as you have a mould and can make as many mags as you want for a cheaper price.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.