Shipping Restrictions on Revolver Shells?

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys,
so i recieved a message today from white rabbit express in japan regarding my order of a ghost in the shell mateba,  and they claim that "due to international shipping restrictions, we cannot ship shells so they will be removed from your package"  has anyone ever heard of this before? or is it total BS?

i ask because i dont know if there are different rules for asian countries,  however the mateba i bought from itally shipped with shells no issue, even with 2 spare sets....    but the mateba i am ordering from japan is an 8mm version,  not 6mm, so without the shells the gun is totally useless. =(

help, please

Not one I'm familiar with. Maybe new or had an issue with an over zealous customs officer fucking with an order. I've friends order shell fed revolver's relativity recently from AS shop Japan without issue.

I would cancel the order. 

There isn't restriction on the shells, that seems to be made up.

And unless you specifically need an 8mm marushin, there is a licenced chiappa Rhino coming out which is what the Mateba is a copy of.

• Supporters

I'd cancel too, no point in a gun without shells, plus if you were planning to skirmish it you might find some sites may not allow 8mm use, or at least that used to be the case ?

Well, i have emailed them expressing my annoyance, and told them that unless they include the shells then they can cancel the order and issue a refund....  waiting for their reply.

5 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

unless you specifically need an 8mm marushin, there is a licenced chiappa Rhino coming out which is what the Mateba is a copy of.

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

I'd cancel too, no point in a gun without shells, plus if you were planning to skirmish it you might find some sites may not allow 8mm use, or at least that used to be the case ?

As you may have seen in the "what have you bought" thread, i have a 6mm mateba that i plan to skirmish.... and my brother is also considering buying it off me...   

but this 8mm version is a rarer, Ghost in the Shell packaged version.  i had planned to field it occasionally, but i bought it mostly as a collectors piece/ investment...    but still no use to me without shells...mateba01.jpg.756c0d21e2f4f514c0b6fdb9c1e69f79.jpg

So i have an update...   found a phone number for the company in japan and phoned them and spoke to someone in english.

I explained how the shells were critical to the operation of the gun and that there were no restrictions on importing them, especially as they are a part of the gun,  and confirmed my UKARA number and they have ordered the shipping staff to put the shells back into the box.

Thankfully the guy i spoke to said he goes airsofting in japan, so he understood what i was saying, and he believes the shipping staff were acting on restrictions for the US, as that is their main customer base for airsoft guns, and also the one with the strictest regulations. 

Parcel has shipped, so hopefully i will have it within the next week or so, depending on any delays at customs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.