Trigger Response Sweet Spot

Slaverius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I've been stage building my CYMA CM.040D AK and so far so good. I''m quite happy with the power, range and consistency with the compression upgrade I did. I'm getting 395 FPS and 1 joules with 0.20 g. and 311 FPS 1.3 joules 0.30 g. BB's with fluctuations of an average of 3 FPS up and down.. Now I want to get a sort of balance between snappy trigger response, reliability and not lose the power.

Here is the parts list so far:

Retro Arms Aluminum Piston Head - X

FPS Softair: Full Metal Rack Zero Shock Piston, Cylinder Head, AOE Nylon shim, Aluminum O-ring Nozzle (will be testing a Retro Arms Nozzle) 

Nuprol Stainless Steel Ribbed Full Cylinder (polished)

E&L Tappet Plate (will be testing a RetroArms)

SHS V3 Aluminium Spring Guide

M100 SHS Spring

Low resistance silver wire

Dual signal wired Warfet set for Precock and full auto set to 50%

I run it on 1200 mhA 20/40c 11.1v Li-Po.

The rest is stock.

I'm thinking getting a set of 13:1 gears and Replace the Bevel with a 9 tooth one to bring them down, from what I understand to something like 15:1. And a ZCI 22 TPA or a 28 TPA if I can find a short shaft one except for ASG, they seem to be rare in that price point. So question is would this need SS and/or TP spring fiddling. Also would that battery just be to weak for that kind of build ( Still don''t get how a higher C rating and mhA battery at 7.4 volts would affect trigger response), FullAuto is slower, therefore cycle is slower so trigger would be slower even with Precock, unless there is something I''m missing here? But its an AK from what I've searched in shops I can''t find a bigger stick type that would fit in the hand guard. And I have a M4 Buffer Tube Stock conversion planned, so I guess I can slap a PTS stock and fit a 1800 mhA 25/50C 11.1v Brick Li-Po in it , but would like to keep it, at least for now for now as Russky as possible.

Any Ideas how that Gear/Motor combo would work, if at all would be appreciated. Also if there is a way to use the stick battery and have a passable trigger response with the Precock that would save (a whole new replica) amount of money.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Slaverius said:

395 FPS and 1 joules with 0.20 g.

395fps would be 1.44J.

and 311 FPS 1.3 joules 0.30 g. BB's

1.34J

In either case...

full auto

If you're in the UK, please do be aware that what you've currently got is not an airsoft gun as it's over the 1.3J legal limit for a full auto (or burst fire) gun.  That technically makes it a prohibited Section 5 firearm.  Not to mention way too hot for full auto use on any UK site.

Apologies if you're not in the UK, or if you're intending to semi-lock it or get the power down.

You want trigger response and precocking?

Gate Warfet is what you need. My E&L got a massive improvement just by hard wiring it in.

• Supporters

depends on what you define as good trigger response.

the warfet+precocking should be eliminating almost all the need for higher speed motor/gears unless faster auto is also an objective.

frankly i don't see too much point in pushing beyond that for trigger response on an aeg, becomes an ever increasing cycle of difficulty and you're never getting to the same standards as a gbb or hpa.

I have similar set up

E&l AK 74su

13.1 shs gears

asg boost motor

gate Titan 

I run this on a 7.4 and with the adjustable trigger sensitivity and precock on a 340 fps spring it is as fast and as sensitive as a v3 trigger gets

if I use an 11.1 the mags can't keep up using .32 bbs on auto and I don't feel it's worth the gain over  the 7.4

Go over to the dark side,

hpa has better trigger response and can be made very quiet/noisy/fast depending on your preference.

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

395fps would be 1.44J.

1.34J

In either case...

If you're in the UK, please do be aware that what you've currently got is not an airsoft gun as it's over the 1.3J legal limit for a full auto (or burst fire) gun.  That technically makes it a prohibited Section 5 firearm.  Not to mention way too hot for full auto use on any UK site.

Apologies if you're not in the UK, or if you're intending to semi-lock it or get the power down.

It's ok. I am out side the UK. It's crazy I live and play in Bulgaria. The limit here is 100mps and 1.3j with 0.30s for AR's minimum distance 5 meters and no indoor shooting. That's where the KP-09 and KP-13 shine.

17 minutes ago, Skara said:

You want trigger response and precocking?

Gate Warfet is what you need. My E&L got a massive improvement just by hard wiring it in.

Yep Warfet already installed. But none the less the battery needs to go. After the 3rd shot in quick succession there is a noticeable slow down in the cycle. I've ordered and have the rest of the parts lying around I'll give it a try. If not all chuck all of it in my MK18 and have it be more CQB oriented.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.