Absolute Beginner

Yellodog

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. I have been given an airsoft pistol: limited edition 1911. I believe it's powered by 'green gas' and fires 4.5mm pellets but I don't know where to buy either. Previously had a more basic pistol using Co2 capsules and 6mm pellets so am a little lost. Any help on getting started would be appreciated. Tnx Yellodog.

I'm guessing 4.5mm. 6mm pellets don't fit, is there a smaller diameter ? Mag holds 28 rnds. 2 online stores I've been to only stock 6mm. Have I been given a unique pistol only used in Uzbekistan ?

Ps. Manual/instructions in the box are in Chinese and my Cantonese is a bit rusty. Tnx for looking at post anyway.

More commonly know as .177 bb's for airguns. A quick google should give you all the info you need.

Obviously it goes without saying that these are designed for target shooting only, and not people shooting.

Yes, could be that too .177 refers to the pellet version.  Those use a rotary magazine with about 8 shots which fits in the top of the gun.  If it uses a normal type magazine then it will use metal BBs

As above, airsoft BB's are only 6mm and plastic. Can you post pictures of the box and gun itself? What makes you say 6mm don't fit, I mean how are you trying to load them?

Right so. To anyone interested or who helped me earlier the mystery new pistol is an Army Armaments R501 1911 with blowback, green gas powered and firing 6mm BBs. New query; designed to fire 6mm plastic BBs but can i use 6mm steel ball bearings if I choose or will they damage the pistol or be too heavy to use ? Probably an idiot question but we live and learn. Many thanks

I wouldn’t use metal bb’s there normally isn’t enough power in green gas guns as metal 6mm bb’s weigh like .9 grams and just plummet to the floor. Also you can’t play games with metal bb’s you will get kicked off the field if they catch you using metal bbs 

• Supporters

9 minutes ago, Brokencreation said:

I wouldn’t use metal bb’s there normally isn’t enough power in green gas guns as metal 6mm bb’s weigh like .9 grams and just plummet to the floor. Also you can’t play games with metal bb’s you will get kicked off the field if they catch you using metal bbs 

I'm assuming - well, very much hoping - that OP is talking about backyard target shooting, not airsoft skirmishing.

Mind you, I have some issues with "plastic" BBs above about 0.4g that I suspect contain more more ceramic or metal than ABS or PLA.

On 16/07/2020 at 18:22, Yellodog said:

Right so. To anyone interested or who helped me earlier the mystery new pistol is an Army Armaments R501 1911 with blowback, green gas powered and firing 6mm BBs. New query; designed to fire 6mm plastic BBs but can i use 6mm steel ball bearings if I choose or will they damage the pistol or be too heavy to use ? Probably an idiot question but we live and learn. Many thanks

Well, it'll shoot them, but not very fast, the hop unit won't lift them, and you'll likely tear up the hop rubber and lose your air seal in short order.

If you want to shoot metal, I'd suggest that you get an air-gun designed for it.  You can always sell the R501 onto an airsofter.

On 16/07/2020 at 18:22, Yellodog said:

What are you looking to achieve? Using this pistol purely for target shooting or actually taking to an airsoft game? If it's the former then see @Rogerborg response.

If it's the latter, then under no circumstances should they be anywhere near your pistol on a skirmish day.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a Russian anics skiff a500. Mine holds 28 rounds and fires 177 pellets or 4.5mm bearings. 

Regards

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.