Stretching mag pouches

Mantle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just a quick question.

What would be the best way to 'stretch' a magazine pouch? They're just a little tight with my pmags is all. Not sure what brand the pouches are, they're just generic velcro closed top pouches though.

I've read about soaking them in water with the magazine in and a spacer, but fear that it might not be too good for my MWS mags. Suppose I could dismantle them and put just the shells in there but preferably not.

Any idea if simply leaving the mag in the pouch for a week or so would loosen them a bit, or are there any other ways?

If not then I suppose it's time for some new pouches

This thread just saved me and my SCAR!

Was able to fit my SCAR H mags into my Haley strategic D3CR which is meant for AR/AK mags.

Took about 3 minutes to get the H mags into the pouches (bloody tight fit!), then simply just sprayed some water (spray bottle) on the sides & top of the pouches where it was tight fitting, inserted a spacer and 2 hours later, they fit perfectly! Only sprayed them to the point of them being visibly wet, but not dripping, for reference.

Don't think they stretched but rather they just now conform to the shape of the mags.

Got the Haley strategic MP2 inserts in there too for retention, no issues!

For reference, I believe the D3CR is made from 500D Cordura. Certainly advise giving it a go!

UPDATE: Left overnight, now it is as if the rig was designed to hold them! Perfect.

20200131_231350.jpg

Soft pouches that have elastic sides and fold over tops will stretch.

They come very tight, but stuffing in some bits of paper towel will loosen them up over time.

Of course these kinds of pouches would be no good to the military but they are fine for airsoft.

And if the elastic eventually goes, it's no big deal. They are pretty cheap to begin with.

Archived