JG AK upgrade compatibility?

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello gents. 

Not 100 percent on getting one, but I do not have an AK in my collection. 

Looking at some of the JG stuff, I have a hankering for the AMD-65 Hungarian thing with the wire stock, or even the cheaper Beta style ones. 

Never having worked on one, are all AK's effectively the same internally? Specifically hop units. Cylinder Heads and air nozzles? 

Whats the story with mag compatibility? Liking the clear waffle style ones. 

• Supporters

Jg are pretty standard, hop fitment is pretty standard and it takes cyma mags perfectly.

Not bad wee guns, the recoil system on them is kinda flimsy but its also super easy to remove entirely.

Obviously not the best quality out there, definately the lct/e&l stuff is cut from a different cloth (or specifically blued steel) but very much servicable all the same.

If you want an AK and you don't already have one get an LCT. £245

Full steel and they make the AMD 65.

Gearbox wise all AK's run a pretty standard V3 gearbox. All wires are external, Parts are plentiful. There are a few v3 motor designs, some run cages but the AK's run a pistol grip style motor mount.

Most of the internal parts are standard but pay attention to the air nozzle and cylinder head as there are a few V3 variants. You can add a fet without opening the gearbox. All you need to do is cut the wires and solder in the new configuration.

If you go for the LCT you must buy LCT magazines as well as they have a different catch system.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-amd-65-airsoft-gun-aeg-

Archived