Need some help/advice/thoughts on modding this mask.

paradoxum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, so I really don't like the huge gap between the mask and goggles here;

omATldV.jpg

I was thinking of first drilling some extra holes in the mask part itself to mount it closer, like this:

PcSvdns.jpg

But then I tried this:

TCnT1Z2.jpg

And it's already a bit better.

Then I noticed the top part of the brackets are connected with screws in 2 parts like so:

whSTCxQ.jpg

And I thought I could put some holes up there further down and closer to the front, but then I'd have to dremel some of the top of the bracket off for it to fit under the arc rail, and then thought it might be easier to do the same but with the bottom half of the brackets now with them underneath the mask, like so:

ECe1YDo.jpg

Any thoughts on this? I've got a ton of tools (like 3 drills and a million bits for them), dremel, etc, what'd be the cleanest way to go about doing it without 1) fucking it up 2) making it look shitty?

Anyone ever done anything similar?

Maybe I could just use gorilla glue or something on the inside of the brackets to secure them to the mask where I would drill the holes? But even with epoxy I'd be worried about it coming apart when donning / removing the helmet or something. 3D-printed smaller brackets?

Looking for any suggestions here.

Thanks in advance.

(Also you reckon a pair of Tan goggles would look better with this helm setup? The same pair comes in Tan.) 

Edit 2: Oh I just checked, it's only the top part that comes in Tan/MC, but may look better?

https://i.imgur.com/eYGUnVN.jpg

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Looks like it was made for an alsatian, it's got a muzzle.

All you can do is just drill holes and see.

You like to live dangerously, I once wrote Alsatian and got no end of abuse. I believe the owners like to call them German Shepards, (funnily enough not Nazi Death Dogs).

8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Looks like it was made for an alsatian, it's got a muzzle.

All you can do is just drill holes and see.

Pricey bit of kit though, £35-45 so don't wanna ruin them.

I've got the one that covers the ears too for running without a headset;

0eSxRwu.jpg

That one runs about £45 too.

https://www.weapon762.com/helmet/1369-tmc-modular-gunfighter-mandible.html?_pcnocache=1566411332143

Went ahead and gave it a shot, improvement I think:

vpEkdNs.jpg

JG72I33.jpg

qRYcGk7.jpg

oY5vrcQ.jpg

0sumSUH.jpg

I might chop the bottom of the brackets off so I can angle it back a bit and make the seal better now I know it looks good, the groove inside the mask prevented it so just did the best I could there.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, paradoxum said:

0sumSUH.jpg

I might chop the bottom of the brackets off so I can angle it back a bit and make the seal better now I know it looks good, the groove inside the mask prevented it so just did the best I could there.

Did you drill your wrist? Do you need a grown up to help next time?

14 hours ago, Lozart said:

Did you drill your wrist? Do you need a grown up to help next time?

I tried to kill myself 2 weeks ago. But thanks for the snark.

Edit: Lozart actually pm'd me and apologised. He's a cool dude.

Archived