U.K. Milsim team recruitment, NW England

Delta 1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys 

Am looking to recruit members for a milsim team based around the north west of England ( Lancashire Liverpool area )

After searching the area for a team to join and finding nothing around I've decided to set up my own. 

The aim will be to train using real world tactics with some like minded people. There are plenty of indoor skirmish sites for CQB training and plenty of field sites to conduct larger team tactics. The aim being to meet up at least twice a month.

Being a milsim team I want us to eventually be all kitted out in uk/us kit and equipment, team members can pick and choose there own equipment as long as it looks similar to each other to form a team look and identity on the field. There will be a period of time for members to purchase kit no one will be required to have all kit on day 1.

The age limit is 17 + and members will be required to be fit and healthy. Military experience is not required 

About myself Ex military 13 yrs Kinetic operations in Iraq / Afghanistan Contractor in Middle East - 10 yrs 

Please comment or DM

• Supporters

hey mate, do you have regular sites you use or intend to use ?.

reason I ask is there have been many threads on here (& elsewhere) in the past in a similar vein, some looking for a team & some looking to start a team.

there are many pitfalls to both scenarios, much of which revolve around end up getting lumbered with "unsuitable" teammates.

I wont expand on that too much, what I will say is use the search function, typing team or teams & read the responses for yourself, quite a few of us are ex forces & team members, & have responded to these posts with the issues you are guaranteed to encounter by posting an open invite.

Mark 👍

Just thought I’d share my experience in this area,

i started milsimming solo about 4 years ago now, about 3 games into the series me and a couple of other regulars just sort of became a team, in the last few games the ‘team’ now has 18 members, a team patch, and a good name, through like minded players coming together naturally in game, rather than open advertising invites. From first playing together to team i figure its been about 2 years in the making so its a fairly slow process for my guys but it was a pretty natural way.

Try milsim news and events uk on FB for one of the bigger concentrations of milsim players, likely there’ll be a group of guys that go to events from your area, or solo players that fancy teaming up for events.

Thanks Mark & Alpha 

great replies I really appreciate it. I have numerous sites in my area and have 6 guys who are with me already.. it’s very early days and any advice is welcome and will be noted. 

Out of the 6 3 have already been in teams but we’re traveling a bit we are all in the same area so that’s linked us nicely. 

Am aware these more serious type of teams who take training value from the games are hard to come by am just trying to find some like minded people who I can play and train with. 

Am currently taking a break from being deployed overseas and want to keep up my skill set and milsim is as I’ve recently learn is a great training tool in the right hands. 

Thanks again guys and if you have anymore advice please leave more comments for me 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Delta 1 said:

Thanks Mark & Alpha 

great replies I really appreciate it. I have numerous sites in my area and have 6 guys who are with me already.. it’s very early days and any advice is welcome and will be noted. 

Out of the 6 3 have already been in teams but we’re traveling a bit we are all in the same area so that’s linked us nicely. 

Am aware these more serious type of teams who take training value from the games are hard to come by am just trying to find some like minded people who I can play and train with. 

Am currently taking a break from being deployed overseas and want to keep up my skill set and milsim is as I’ve recently learn is a great training tool in the right hands. 

Thanks again guys and if you have anymore advice please leave more comments for me 

7 is already a reasonable size, rather than open recruitment, I'd recommend you scout for new members at your usual sites, get to know regular players & covertly ascertain whether they would be an asset before enquiring whether or not they'd be interested in joining a team.

if you already have a group of guys who work well together, you don't want to upset that by allowing any old numpty in, you could end with players who, for numerous reasons, will spoil it for the rest of you.

28 minutes ago, Tackle said:

7 is already a reasonable size, rather than open recruitment, I'd recommend you scout for new members at your usual sites, get to know regular players & covertly ascertain whether they would be an asset before enquiring whether or not they'd be interested in joining a team.

if you already have a group of guys who work well together, you don't want to upset that by allowing any old numpty in, you could end with players who, for numerous reasons, will spoil it for the rest of you.

Thanks for the advice mate. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Advanced issues found

On 10/08/2019 at 15:20, Delta 1 said:

Stay safe out there 🤙

• 2 months later...

im new to airsoft, like the sound of milsim, im an army cadet, gonna join the royal reg of scotland when im older, from liverpool and really want to work in a team with experienced folks, only problem is i dont turn 17 for another year. if you can wait a year so can i, but if youd be willing to make an exception i wont tell anyone ;) 

• 3 months later...

Hi Delta 1, I'm based on the Wirral and looking to join a MilSim oriented team. I'm ex TA (1980's era) and have pretty much all the kit I need for a 24 op' barring an expensive bivvi! My loadout is current UKSF based (mtp, L119A2, Glock 19 etc...you get the picture!). I was radio operator and APC driver and gunner trained back in the day and I would like to train with a team, (sop drills, vp for comms etc.) preferably for free every week for a couple of hours and do a proper game say every other month, money and life permitting. If this fits your ethos, please let me know. Cheers, X36A out.

Hey up Rogerborg, thanks for the heads up mate. Now for the really stupid question....how the f**k do I get Delta 1's DM address? I know it's pathetic, but how do I do this mate?

Cheers.

54 minutes ago, X36A said:

Hey up Rogerborg, thanks for the heads up mate. Now for the really stupid question....how the f**k do I get Delta 1's DM address? I know it's pathetic, but how do I do this mate?

Cheers.

Click on his profile picture, then click on 'message'. 

Archived