Attaching a molle pouch to an ordinary belt.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking for adaptors, but so far have only come up with these:

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/accesories/2-belt-loops-for-molle-pouches-coyote-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=21

I'm surprised there isn't more stuff available. And all the stuff I have seen is abroad.

Don't British retailers have anything suitable?

• Supporters

Ahem 😏

https://www.vipertacticalshop.co.uk/viper-mini-belt-platform.html

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/accesories/2-belt-loops-for-molle-pouches-coyote-8fields?from=listing&campaign-id=21

I'm surprised there isn't more stuff available. And all the stuff I have seen is abroad.

👆

As long as they aren't for anything heavy, I don't have any issues looping through the bottom loops on the pouch to make it a relatively snug fit on the belt.

I've even put a few mags in like that.

3 hours ago, MisterG said:

As long as they aren't for anything heavy, I don't have any issues looping through the bottom loops on the pouch to make it a relatively snug fit on the belt.

I've even put a few mags in like that.

I do this, works a treat and never had any issues even when the pouches are fully loaded.

9 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

The 2” adaptors are actually a pretty pointless item when used as demonstrated in the product video

They put the adaptor over the belt and weave the MOLLE vertical only into the adaptor and don’t use the remaining MOLLE horizontals.

If weaved around the belt and into the remaining horizontals then the MOLLE would hold itself

In the second example they do show a potential use on MOLLE platforms that have a slim end column 

These are a niche product as a solution to an almost non issue.  

The old school solutions (if we ignore that proper MOLLE weaving instantly fixes the issue) are to get a needle and thread out or a roll of black nasty gaffer tape

73E46E94-2D01-4671-AC28-BDB100809CF4.jpeg

11F0DE18-D782-47BC-99EE-90FCC9907AA0.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks. Do you think it would hold the weight of a molle holster and gun?

Yep, no problem, I have one & it's very well made.👍

• Supporters

I make my own version of the tabs TG sell but what I do is I put Velcro hook on the tab and the tab goes inside the belt not the outside like in the vid , that way the Velcro hooks on to the loop inside my belt and stops the pouches moving about on the belt and obviously I loop the vertical straps through the horizontal molle straps on the back of the pouch/holster/etc .

14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

The 2” adaptors are actually a pretty pointless item when used as demonstrated in the product video

They put the adaptor over the belt and weave the MOLLE vertical only into the adaptor and don’t use the remaining MOLLE horizontals.

If weaved around the belt and into the remaining horizontals then the MOLLE would hold itself

In the second example they do show a potential use on MOLLE platforms that have a slim end column 

These are a niche product as a solution to an almost non issue.  

The old school solutions (if we ignore that proper MOLLE weaving instantly fixes the issue) are to get a needle and thread out or a roll of black nasty gaffer tape

73E46E94-2D01-4671-AC28-BDB100809CF4.jpeg

11F0DE18-D782-47BC-99EE-90FCC9907AA0.jpeg

Fair point, but there are other ways of doing it. The attachment could go under the molle on the holster (that was what I thought was the idea) and the molle straps over.

In any case the purpose of the things is to provide a two inch loop for a belt. You can't always get a tight enough loop by normal threading. I imagine the idea is to keep the holster tight on the belt.

Anyway I'll let you know how I get on. I ordered some before I read Tackle's post on the Viper belt cover, which seems like the best option.  

Archived