dissembling bolle glasses

Vulpiness
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently found some airsoft safe aviators, so i've been trying to get the lenses off of some wrap around bolle glasses to protect my eyes. 

But I have no idea how to get the lenses off the frame or how mount them under the new glasses, maybe with a head strap or band? Not sure. 

your thoughts please. 

• Supporters

don't bother, your bodge will likely end up unsafe, & spoil two pairs of glasses in the process.

why not contact bolle, some years ago I had some safety rated range glasses from bolle that were aviator style, maybe they still make them ?

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

don't bother, your bodge will likely end up unsafe, & spoil two pairs of glasses in the process.

why not contact bolle, some years ago I had some safety rated range glasses from bolle that were aviator style, maybe they still make them ?

well the idea I had was to only modify the bolle £6 job. Not the aviator range glasses, which are nearly £90.

But aviators leave ones eyes exposed from the side, and I'm not feeling great by about that in a CQB site. 

but I found these, which are basically what I was looking to make: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Uvex-9160120-Safety-Glasses-Headband/dp/B002BFDPJU/ref=sr_1_4?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1548770883&sr=1-4&keywords=Uvex+Safety+Glasses+with+Headband

• Supporters

no offence, but this is your eyes your talking about, either use suitable eyewear that may not "look the part" but is cheaper, or get the look your after but pay through the nose to achieve it.

OR

the other possibilities are to look at GOOD tool suppliers such as one of my locals Thanet Tools in Ashford, they have a massive range of quality safety glasses in many styles & variations, even some with built in preset prescriptions that I use for precise engineering work.

but forget about making your own, its potentially a recipe for disaster 😐

Plenty of brands out there that sound like what you are trying to achieve but they have a price tag to go with it. Dont skimp on eye pro! as much as bolle are used by numerous people who say they are safe ive seen things go very wrong with bolle in the labs at work and wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

47 minutes ago, Tackle said:

no offence, but this is your eyes your talking about, either use suitable eyewear that may not "look the part" but is cheaper, or get the look your after but pay through the nose to achieve it.

OR

the other possibilities are to look at GOOD tool suppliers such as one of my locals Thanet Tools in Ashford, they have a massive range of quality safety glasses in many styles & variations, even some with built in preset prescriptions that I use for precise engineering work.

but forget about making your own, its potentially a recipe for disaster 😐

no offense taken, and none given, but I think you misunderstand, i'm paling on using two pairs of glasses, one for impression, the other for safety. 

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Plenty of brands out there that sound like what you are trying to achieve but they have a price tag to go with it. Dont skimp on eye pro! as much as bolle are used by numerous people who say they are safe ive seen things go very wrong with bolle in the labs at work and wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Really? That's a big concern, I used them seven or eight times, I normally go with sawflies now, but yeah, too big to fit under aviators. 

what do you all think of UVEX which I'm now tihnking of? 

4 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

Really? That's a big concern, I used them seven or eight times, I normally go with sawflies now, but yeah, too big to fit under aviators. 

what do you all think of UVEX which I'm now tihnking of? 

Yes, guy had a piece of metal sheer off in numerous small segments (little smaller than a BB) and they shatter the glasses completely, the glasses were new and impact rated.

When you say aviators do you mean like the rayban glasses?

In all honesty they look like bolle and even the description reads very similar. Personally I use a combo of sawfly's, Wiley X, Oakley, Smith optics and EOD eyewear depending on what I'm shooting and where, I've been four eye'd all my life so believe me when I say I've tried all sorts of glasses both for real steel shooting and bb wars.

7 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Yes, guy had a piece of metal sheer off in numerous small segments (little smaller than a BB) and they shatter the glasses completely, the glasses were new and impact rated.

When you say aviators do you mean like the rayban glasses?

In all honesty they look like bolle and even the description reads very similar. Personally I use a combo of sawfly's, Wiley X, Oakley, Smith optics and EOD eyewear depending on what I'm shooting and where, I've been four eye'd all my life so believe me when I say I've tried all sorts of glasses both for real steel shooting and bb wars.

Oft, don't want that.

Pretty much rayban aviators yeah: https://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/en/shooting-sunglasses/400-aviator-shooting-glasses-uk.html#/15-lens_colour-grey_polarised/18-retainer_strap-no_strap/52-prescription-no_prescription

I mean I'm not picky about brand, but I do need something that will cover the side of my eye as well, if I could find ones with clear plastic side Shields I'd be sorted, but... no luck so far. 

5 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

Oft, don't want that.

Pretty much rayban aviators yeah: https://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/en/shooting-sunglasses/400-aviator-shooting-glasses-uk.html#/15-lens_colour-grey_polarised/18-retainer_strap-no_strap/52-prescription-no_prescription

I mean I'm not picky about brand, but I do need something that will cover the side of my eye as well, if I could find ones with clear plastic side Shields I'd be sorted, but... no luck so far. 

Just from not even looking at the specs (no pun intended) they look to be more for the likes of clay shooting etc. you wont find anything like that, that will be remotely usable for airsoft because of the gap that front and side profile has.

Have a look at the brands I have listed further up the thread. Your eyes will thank you for it.

9 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Just from not even looking at the specs (no pun intended) they look to be more for the likes of clay shooting etc. you wont find anything like that, that will be remotely usable for airsoft because of the gap that front and side profile has.

Have a look at the brands I have listed further up the thread. Your eyes will thank you for it.

well that was why I was looking at wearing and an underpair of wrap arounds, or ones with side shields, on that I found these: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyramex-Pathfinder-Safety-Eyewear-Clear/dp/B000OE2K32/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548777177&sr=8-2&keywords=pyramex+pathfinder

I think the diagonal profile is smaller on these, and I won't have such exposure. 

I'm not a complete idiot. XD

1 minute ago, Immortal said:

Wearing two pairs of glasses may look rather odd but it is your right so each to their own... maybe it'll be the next big thing :lol:

well, ideally you wouldn't see the first pair under the second. :P Plus people normally "ignore" glasses for impression purposes if shooting glasses aren't an option. 

53 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

https://www.smithoptics.com/us/Root/Men's/Goggles/Elite-Eye-Protection/Boogie-Regulator-Goggle/p/BRG01CL14

Would you approve of these, this is basicly what I was wanting. 

2 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I have a pair of Swisseye Infantry goggles that are almost identical. Nice low profille... very comfy.

lrgscaleswissEYE_Infantry_CLEAR_1.jpg

Pretty sure I could bodge some aviators onto them without compromising the safety, make it look half decent, and if the "asthetic glasses" fall off it doesn't matter all that much. 

Just now, Immortal said:

One way to find out. 👍

can't do ole pablo without some aviators and a tesco bag. 

25 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

Those won’t be good because of the weak points on the holes. Most people get those for the impersonation look.

Get the ones that make you look like an 90s wrestler 

C54A2587-F303-4A32-A2C7-6FAC37955CA7.jpeg

Archived