Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cleggy

A cheap but reliable MP7 or SMG8 etc.

Recommended Posts

So the title says it all...

 

I've been searching high and low for a cheap (Under £200) GBB MP7 or SMG8, anything with that sort of style and stock. Patrol Base had one which went out of stock and its all messed up now.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/we-europe-mp7a1-smg8-gbb-gas-smg?pv=8250

 

Anyone know of any decent retailers or somewhere I can get one of these puppies. 

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how it stacks up against others but I had a blast playing with a mate's WE MP7. Try giving PatrolBase a ring - could just be their website acting up. 

 

Also I'm pretty sure I saw one on Prefired recently if you don't mind buying used. 

 

[edit] Ah, it was from our very own classifieds! 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not buy the WE MP7 or small Rice as it’s also known. Pile of junk.

 

Mine didn’t finish a single mag of with gas in, was inefficient, terrible accuracy. Just a crap gun.

 

The only MP7 that is any good is the TM MP7 GBB. And that is a phenomenal piece of kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Do not buy the WE MP7 or small Rice as it’s also known. Pile of junk.

 

Is it really that bad? I didn't have any issues when I used it. Granted it was only for a couple of rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. 

1 minute ago, Gepard said:

 

Is it really that bad? I didn't have any issues when I used it. Granted it was only for a couple of rounds. 

It’s classed under the worst Airsoft gun I have ever owned. Honestly the only OK feature was it’s kick and the noise. Other than that I could throw BBs further with more accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire Support stock TM MP7 they just dont sell them on the website.  I would love my old one back really nice gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny the WE has been mentioned...

 

A good mate of mine was working over near Patrol Base and decided to have a look, he's also after an MP7 and after having a little play with a WE MP7, he phoned me on the way back and explained what a disappointment it was!

 

On the shooting range it dumped all of it's gas out through the barrel multiple times, to which the member of staff said 'Yeah... WE's do that!' 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are currently 4 Gas mp7 airsoft models. TM, KWA, VFC, WE.. VFC and WE are full size but have terrible gas efficiency so are virtually unusable outside of Africa. 

 

The TM and KWA are about 80% size models. The KWA has a shit hop up, a bolt that isn’t full travel and is generally inferior to the TM.

 

The Tm is the only one of the bunch worth considering and is very good. Accuracy and range is fantastic for such a little thing, and even in November mine is happily dumping mags when asked. The bolt is full travel so has more kick than the KWA too. Mags tend to leak over time using high power gas, but it’s an easy fix. Besides that, the nozzles sometimes break.. but so do a lot of gas gun nozzles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wo1f said:

There are currently 4 Gas mp7 airsoft models. TM, KWA, VFC, WE.. VFC and WE are full size but have terrible gas efficiency so are virtually unusable outside of Africa. 

 

The TM and KWA are about 80% size models. The KWA has a shit hop up, a bolt that isn’t full travel and is generally inferior to the TM.

 

The Tm is the only one of the bunch worth considering and is very good. Accuracy and range is fantastic for such a little thing, and even in November mine is happily dumping mags when asked. The bolt is full travel so has more kick than the KWA too. Mags tend to leak over time using high power gas, but it’s an easy fix. Besides that, the nozzles sometimes break.. but so do a lot of gas gun nozzles. 

 

I'll take this into consideration then, some TM MP7 going around on different sites second hand that I could fork out on.

 

Put it this way, don't want my gun not dumping mags because its ran out of gas... *Cough* WE *Cough* 🙄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is currently one listed on UsedAirsoft for £210 in last few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree, the only worth getting is the TM, avoid WE unless you feel really lucky! Buying WE is like playing Russian roulette, you'll never know until you pulled the trigger. 

 

Off topic, beside MP7 & SMG8, would you consider GHK G5? Frankly its a bit more than your budget, but its one of the most reliable GBB, and definitely the most powerful blow back (if you are looking for realistic sensation), also, it mags are highly reliable during winter (Hong Kong).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×