Advice Needed - lower than expected fps

Amnesiac
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

been playing for about 3 months or so and have purchased 2 weapons. The G&G TR4 and the ASG Aug A3 proline. Yhe issue I have is that the fps stated on each I am not getting. I appreciate these are ‘guide’ FPS but, especially for the Aug, i am about 100fps less than what is specified ‘out the box’. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong etc? Sorry its quite a noob question but wanted to ask.

I use a 7.4 1500 lipo and usually 25g bb’s (but have tested with 20’s and still 100 fps less on the aug and about 30/40 on the M4)

Any help would be appreciated.

• Head Moderator

Moved to Advice & technical help section.

You may want to include what fps you are expecting and the actual fps for each gun.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

Morning all,

been playing for about 3 months or so and have purchased 2 weapons. The G&G TR4 and the ASG Aug A3 proline. Yhe issue I have is that the fps stated on each I am not getting. I appreciate these are ‘guide’ FPS but, especially for the Aug, i am about 100fps less than what is specified ‘out the box’. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong etc? Sorry its quite a noob question but wanted to ask.

I use a 7.4 1500 lipo and usually 25g bb’s (but have tested with 20’s and still 100 fps less on the aug and about 30/40 on the M4)

Any help would be appreciated.

WHat FPS are you getting and what were you expecting?

Probably the same as what I had with my gun.

I got an Avalon Saber Carbine which is advertised on most sites as 390fps and at the time of purchase the Redwolf UK site where I got it from said 390fps.

However, due to UK guide lines retailers in the UK cannot sell guns that exceed 325fps or something around that.

So considering both guns are a little bit over that and the AUG especially, they would have had M90 springs put in them like my Avalon did because that too was shooting 290-300 when I got it.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

WHat FPS are you getting and what were you expecting?

11 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Moved to Advice & technical help section.

You may want to include what fps you are expecting and the actual fps for each gun.

The TR4 is about 335fps and the AUG about 395fps so would imagine both downgraded to me UK regulations

Apologies it was in the wrong section!

Ok, sorry the Aug is firing 270-90 (says 397) and the M4 260-280 (says 330/50).

But makes sense if they have been reduced down. 

Onviously anything over 350 makes no odds was just wondering if it was a fault as is (the aug) was so much under. 

Thanks for the replies. 

13 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

Apologies it was in the wrong section!

Ok, sorry the Aug is firing 270-90 (says 397) and the M4 260-280 (says 330/50).

But makes sense if they have been reduced down. 

Onviously anything over 350 makes no odds was just wondering if it was a fault as is (the aug) was so much under. 

Thanks for the replies. 

I thought exactly the same with my gun when I first got it!

I've got a M100 spring ready to go in mine as soon as I can clear my garage up and get a bit of room to work on it which will bring it back up to about 335fps. If you want to get them back up I'd suggest the same spring however FPS isn't the only thing you wanna focus on so it's not going to be the end of the world being 50 under the limit. Only reason I have the spring is because I was expecting to have to downgrade mine!

Thanks again for the reply.

I love the 2 that I purchased and have no issues with them (distance and accuracy are brilliant!!) just wondered why that was all.

thanks for helping clear it up. I’ll continue as is then.

side note. How

much fps drop from 20g bb’s to 25/28? 

31 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

Thanks again for the reply.

I love the 2 that I purchased and have no issues with them (distance and accuracy are brilliant!!) just wondered why that was all.

thanks for helping clear it up. I’ll continue as is then.

side note. How

much fps drop from 20g bb’s to 25/28? 

Ahh all good then :)

No worries, here to help!

I'm not too sure to be honest, it won't be a massive difference though and using .25's/.28's increases your accuracy as they carry their energy a bit better through wind etc. so I'd take the loss of a few fps for that trade up

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Amnesiac said:

the Aug is firing 270-90 (says 397) and the M4 260-280 (says 330/50)

Urgh.  With what mass of BB?

270fps with 0.25g would be 300+ with 0.2g, which is getting up to usable outdoors. 270 with 0.2g would be disappointing.

Thing is, the smallest air leak or sticky piston can make a big difference.  My G36C was shooting a humble 305 out of the box, then I changed the hop rubber, put in a clean 6.03 barrel, and scooshed some silicone spray into the gearbox up past the trigger without even disassembling it, and it jumped to a too-hot 355.   So it might be worth a quick barrel clean and a disassemble-reassembly just to check that everything is as it should be.

Archived