KJW

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Why do their pistols get such good press compared to poor old WE when it is well known that their mags are very leaky and their external finish wears off in no time at all?

I’ve never understood this. I wouldn’t have one given to me. For me it’s Tm-VFC-WE............. everything else

• Supporters

i think we are still suffering from a bit of brand issues when it comes to their stuff, they're like the skoda of the airsoft pistol market- used to be awful, some still are kinda meh, but some are really damn good.

I had never heard of KJW having those issues. Up till the CZ models as far as I was aware they made decent metal clones of tm guns. Where as WE started out making utter garbage pistols. The rifles have gained a good reputation but I still think most of there pistols are no where near as reliable as they should be. 

I really like the look of the CZ P09, but have now finally written it off as a future purchase.

The web is absolutely full of complaints about KJW leaky mags. It seems to be just a matter of time before they let you down. And not much time at that.

They often leak straight from the box.

And regular maintenance of the o rings doesn't seem to fix the problem for long.

That and it looks like it’s been painted with painted with a brush. 

I have just watched a video showing how leaky KJ W mags can be fixed.

The base of the mag is removed and two or three turns of ptfe tape are wound round the section that holds the large o ring. The o ring is then cleaned lubed and put back.

Anyone ever done this? I know it won't be a permanent fix but does it work over a reasonable amount of time?

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

I have just watched a video showing how leaky KJ W mags can be fixed.

The base of the mag is removed and two or three turns of ptfe tape are wound round the section that holds the large o ring. The o ring is then cleaned lubed and put back.

Anyone ever done this? I know it won't be a permanent fix but does it work over a reasonable amount of time?

Yeah, I’ve done something similar to TM mp7 mags. 

• Supporters

I’ve always stuck  ptfe and a shitload of silicon around the leak points on ‘lower end’ magazines as standard no matter where it’s come from and wether it’s new or second hand , and I don’t suffer any real problems to speak of with them . 

Archived