Ak74u rear tactical options?

Ballist1x
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi so I'm looking at an rds or similar rear sight for my ak74u.

I know there is a side mount tactical but it looks like the folding stock would hit this so I'm looking at other options.

I've seen the b18 add on but is there anything else - maybe a tactical receiver that fits a 74u?

You could try adding a railed gas tube or railed handguard top part but the rds will be mounted far forward but you still keep the folding stock capability (something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/AK74U-AKS74U-Aluminum-Handguard-Airsoft/dp/B012VSEHCK.)   

However, I am personly inclined to agree with the B18 rail adaptation as you mentioned before.    

What make of AK74U do you have?

41 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

You could try adding a railed gas tube or railed handguard top part but the rds will be mounted far forward but you still keep the folding stock capability (something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/AK74U-AKS74U-Aluminum-Handguard-Airsoft/dp/B012VSEHCK.)   

However, I am personly inclined to agree with the B18 rail adaptation as you mentioned before.    

What make of AK74U do you have?

Thanks sniper

I have the cyma 045 she's a beaut. But having played my first game yesterday (I know I know I bought my gun first etc)

I feel that a rear RDS or hollow would help me.

20180524_184920.jpg

Also maybe a vertical foregrip but that's separate for now.

6 minutes ago, Ballist1x said:

(I know I know I bought my gun first etc)

Also maybe a vertical foregrip but that's separate for now.

Mate no one is judging, people say that because mainly they regert their first purchase, I don't regret mine and therefore do not think buying before you play is a bad idea. People waste money on all sorts of shit.

As for the vert grip on an AK.... please, please no.... do not ruin such beauty.

Unless....

uI8nSU6v7S4EW3Spi5PqxN7Jfg9i_Jdj2-a885kz

I actually quite like the red on your AK just remember to protect your rds lense from return fire nothing worse than spending that money and not protecting your investment.

If you are looking at a vert foregrip I would recommend the  Zenitco PK-6 syle make mag changes easier. 

5 minutes ago, Duff said:

Mate no one is judging, people say that because mainly they regert their first purchase, I don't regret mine and therefore do not think buying before you play is a bad idea. People waste money on all sorts of shit.

As for the vert grip on an AK.... please, please no.... do not ruin such beauty.

Unless....

uI8nSU6v7S4EW3Spi5PqxN7Jfg9i_Jdj2-a885kz

Nah I like the gun! Its great for the mixture of indoor and outdoor I used it for on the day.  Just feel I need a little tactical.

If I was renting a gun I would have wasted money anyway so :)

5 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

I actually quite like the red on your AK just remember to protect your rds lense from return fire nothing worse than spending that money and not protecting your investment.

If you are looking at a vert foregrip I would recommend the  Zenitco PK-6 syle make mag changes easier. 

Yep good idea on the protector and thanks for the advice I'll look at the zenitco!

No problem if you're looking at making a tactical AK74u you might want to consider joining the Northern Pack community facebook page they are might have some more Ideas and trick and tips to help you.

I don’t know if they have CYMA specific ones, but you can get railed top covers as well as a railed insert that goes where the rear sight is. I had a dot on the railed handguard on my GHK ak74u. As long as it’s thin framed and not like a tube sight, I didn’t mind it being that far forward. 

35 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

No problem if you're looking at making a tactical AK74u you might want to consider joining the Northern Pack community facebook page they are might have some more Ideas and trick and tips to help you.

Thanks let me see if I can find them.

29 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I don’t know if they have CYMA specific ones, but you can get railed top covers as well as a railed insert that goes where the rear sight is. I had a dot on the railed handguard on my GHK ak74u. As long as it’s thin framed and not like a tube sight, I didn’t mind it being that far forward. 

Hmm I have seen railedtop cobblers but they seem to be full ak74 rather than ak74u ones unless you know different?

I'd prefer it closest to the rear mount as possible Ideally.

It is a problem I agree with the AK sub-carbines. And I've got two of them.

You've basically got two options: rails at the front and a red dot or long eye relief scope, or the side mounted mount and you'll have to remove the rail and refit it with the short piece at the front or it won't clear the rear iron sights. Plus you'll have to remove the mount every time you want to access the battery compartment.

I'm coming to the conclusion that although the iron sights aren't the easiest to use, they are probably the best bet. I play CQB and rarely have a chance to take a shot at over 20m and I generally just point and shoot anyway. Get yourself an AK sling and at close quarters you can probably get away with shooting from the hip. A tracer unit would probably be more useful than a red dot. You see where your shots are going and move the barrel up/down, let/right accordingly.

31 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

It is a problem I agree with the AK sub-carbines. And I've got two of them.

You've basically got two options: rails at the front and a red dot or long eye relief scope, or the side mounted mount and you'll have to remove the rail and refit it with the short piece at the front or it won't clear the rear iron sights. Plus you'll have to remove the mount every time you want to access the battery compartment.

I'm coming to the conclusion that although the iron sights aren't the easiest to use, they are probably the best bet. I play CQB and rarely have a chance to take a shot at over 20m and I generally just point and shoot anyway. Get yourself an AK sling and at close quarters you can probably get away with shooting from the hip. A tracer unit would probably be more useful than a red dot. You see where your shots are going and move the barrel up/down, let/right accordingly.

Maybe someone needs to make a tactical dustscover for the 74u's I'm sure they would sell! Or something like the hephastus 

http://www.hephaestusairsoft.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=103

But that runs back along the butt of the dustcover and maybe one additional small grub screw to hold it on?

The problem with dust covers is that they never go back in their original position after being removed, that's why you don't see them irl.. Also they're quite thin sheet metal pieces, easy to bend (also easy to throw off your optic's zero)..

Get a side rail mount and a small dot like a t1 or a C-more style..

As far as grips go, make sure you pick one that does not interfere with magazine changes!

1 hour ago, Skara said:

The problem with dust covers is that they never go back in their original position after being removed, that's why you don't see them irl.. Also they're quite thin sheet metal pieces, easy to bend (also easy to throw off your optic's zero)..

Get a side rail mount and a small dot like a t1 or a C-more style..

As far as grips go, make sure you pick one that does not interfere with magazine changes!

Hi skaraI sawthis. It's for tm 74u but do you think.it can fit cyma? Also will I break my cover if I remove it lol?

Screenshot_20180605_163945.png

It seems to be replacing the rear sight, so I guess it does fit cymas..

No you won't break your cover, but irl nobody with a working brain would put a sight on the top cover, for the reasons I mentioned earlier..

Actually, just Google "ak rear sight rail" and you'll get a ton of results!

It does replace your rear sight, so your optic won't have its zero thrown off by removing and reinstalling the top cover!

4 hours ago, Skara said:

It seems to be replacing the rear sight, so I guess it does fit cymas..

No you won't break your cover, but irl nobody with a working brain would put a sight on the top cover, for the reasons I mentioned earlier..

Actually, just Google "ak rear sight rail" and you'll get a ton of results!

It does replace your rear sight, so your optic won't have its zero thrown off by removing and reinstalling the top cover!

Sorry I don't understand what that means the top cover is hinged on the aks74u so springs up and open. 

Archived