Condor Battle Belt - and what next?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

I’d be interested in hearing what you thought of it. I’ve been considering one for a low profile sniper setup without a PC. 

No worries. I’m expecting it to be of the same quality as the PC I have, but let you know 

2 minutes ago, E21A said:

No worries. I’m expecting it to be of the same quality as the PC I have, but let you know 

I’ve no doubt on the quality. I love my WAS stuff. Thinking more in terms of the pouch sizes as they seem to be very utilitarian so it’s hard to gauge what they hold exactly. 

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve no doubt on the quality. I love my WAS stuff. Thinking more in terms of the pouch sizes as they seem to be very utilitarian so it’s hard to gauge what they hold exactly. 

I’ll pop a thread up tomorrow evening about it perhaps? 

11 minutes ago, E21A said:

I’ll pop a thread up tomorrow evening about it perhaps? 

That would be awesome 

12 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

@E21A -  I'd be very interested to know how long the inner belt is, as I'm a porker.

Would also be interested in if the inner belt is removable or not.
Cheers dude 😄 

No problem. Will stick a thread up tomorrow evening (providing it arrives) 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:07 AM, sonofsammo said:

Well, I have to say I'm unimpressed.
Bought 2nd hand, so not sure how much it's been used, but I've played three games with it and the stitching has started coming undone on one side.
Needless to say, I won't be getting another one!

So my question is - what can I get instead that will last?
I'll be using it for a few things:
Light - single magazine / speedloader / multitool
Medium - 4 MK23 mags / speedloader / multitool
Heavy - 5 MWS mags / speedloader / multitool / MK23 mag
There's probably some other configurations, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance 😄

If you want completely reliable stuff, you have to pay for it. And for CQB once a month indoors I am not prepared to shell out for WAS, 5.11, Crye, Tactical Tailor, etc. Even Blackhawk is regarded as a cheapish brand in America. Not cheap here though, is it?

So that means Chinese stuff. I believe the Flyye stuff is pretty good, but if they don't happen to produce what you are looking for, you have to go elsewhere. Condor is as good as any and better than most. Some turn out to be poorly stitched, with others you are lucky. Condor Outdoors is an American company and its stuff sells very well in America. If it fails, well, it didn't cost much to start with, did it?

With Condor you are taking a risk. With second hand Condor you are taking a bigger risk. Maybe the previous owner had been hanging very heavy stuff off a belt that wasn't designed for it. I run a holster and two single mags on my belt. I may add a dump pouch. Nothing more.

Condor has a better reputation than Viper, Emmerson, 8 Fields, etc but it's hit and miss with all of them.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Even Blackhawk is regarded as a cheapish brand in America. Not cheap here though, is it?

Condor has a better reputation than Viper, Emmerson, 8 Fields, etc but it's hit and miss with all of them.

I don’t hid the fact I’m a VERY big fan of 8fields kit , I think it’s hitting well above it’s weight considering it price . I’ve go a couple of Condor products as well but me personally I don’t think it as good quality as the price some retailers charge for it , and I’m very unimpressed with flyye again for the pricing reason .

as too blackhawk you can get a fair bit of fleabay for a good price , just had a look and you can pick up a Blackhawk patrol belt from £13 ! Now you can’t tell me there’s a chinese knock off out there that’s cheaper OR better than that ! 😉

I'm an absolute newbie and in a military first sale I ended up grabbing an ALICE belt and harness which I've been putting MOLLE pouches on (double M4 mag pouch, radio and dump pouch). Super comfortable but the pouches slide. I've minimised it with strategic positioning of the harness but not sure I'd want to stick with this in the longer run. Only just found a reasonably priced source for ALICE clips which I'm hoping will help with the sliding but one advantage of the 'system' is there is basically no stitching on the belt itself so the mag pouches, which I think are Viper or another cheap brand, are the only point of failure from that perspective. They're ok so far and much cheaper to replace.

But I am as I said a newb and I'm only running lightweight hicaps. 

Archived