Airsoft Forums UK

Bringing airsoft guns into UK

Tatu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Next Year I am moving to the UK from South Africa. We have no law restrictions regarding what airsoft firearms we can own only that We can be charged with an offence if we brandish it in public or use it in an unlawful act.  Can I bring My guns with Me or would You suggest I sell them and follow the process when I get into the UK and buy new guns when I am settled.

12 minutes ago, xWebster said:

You wouldn't be able to import them without a valid defence (i.e. your ukara).

You'd probably be best of selling them before you move over :)

Maybe maybe not

UKARA is only the UK industry scheme

An established airsofter may be able to convince customs on the way through 

• Supporters

Ahoy and I hope things go well for you once you're here.

Things you could try:

Post them to someone in the UK that can provide a UKARA number.

Pre-book a session somewhere and use the booking as your defence .

Plasti-dip or 'permanently' paint them in day-glo paint, then remove/repaint once you set foot in Blighty.

But I'd echo Jez's advice to ask the people who will actually be saying "No" to you, and if at all possible get responses from them in writing.

Thanks all for Your input. I will check those avenues to see what My option for bringing My M4 with rather than starting all over again.

Hi

Another possible option, if you will still have firends / family staying in SA.

Come to the UK, play a few skirmishes with rental kit, get UKARA and have them shipped over after with the UKARA number quoted on the address.  Might get stung with import duty/VAT.

One other thing, check the guns will comply with UK FPS limits, e.g. 350fps for Full Auto capable guns.

Cheers

G

12 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Hi

Another possible option, if you will still have firends / family staying in SA.

Come to the UK, play a few skirmishes with rental kit, get UKARA and have them shipped over after with the UKARA number quoted on the address.  Might get stung with import duty/VAT.

One other thing, check the guns will comply with UK FPS limits, e.g. 350fps for Full Auto capable guns.

Cheers

G

Thanks MisterG. Shipping later is an option but with a low 350fps i might as well sell it before I leave as on full auto i get around the 390fps mark.

12 minutes ago, Duff said:

Personally I find the best way to smuggle illegal items is inside the bodies of small children!

I prefer overweight elderly people as I find it fustrating to dismantle My firearms everytime I need to cross borders and customs officials leave them alone because they smell funny :D

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

You only need to change the spring bud

Thanks. I will contact My local shop to get it changed before I leave

Archived