Has Anybody Experienced Theft on Sites?

Ex-Rnuw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Speaking of "accidentally picking up other people stuff"

I always end up setting up next to a guy who runs PTS EPMs just like me and for some reason neither of us have any markings on them lol. The amount of times I've thrown my stuff down and then they have thrown their stuff down and we have looked at each other like "ah... Why do we always do this?"...

• 1 month later...

Have experienced it first hand, an SOE Mookie war rig and an IBH helmet with a wilcox mount. Killed it for me for a long time, but karma is a bitch and I ended up getting most of it back long after I had wrote it off as a loss. 

Sounds like there is more of a story, how did you get them back?

Cheers

G

I've had people play finders keepers with mags I've dropped around the site on quick reloads. Always avoid that now.

• 2 weeks later...

At my old site, I was a player/marshall and there had been a few break ins; started off with stealing some less expensive things like eye pro and batteries, then on one occasion, they stole all of the guns on site.

But the cherry on the cake was catching someone mid game!

We were doing a survival match and everyone was being very quiet and trying not to be found. It was a mostly indoor cqb site and I had lodged myself in the outdoor killbox in the courtyard. I was focused on the main exit from the building to the courtyard and I caught something in peripheral vision. Looked up and there was 3 figures on the roof. Luckily, I had comms that day, which was very rare. I shouted over the radio that were people on the roof, ceasefire was called and we dropped our kit. A small crew went back inside to search the upper floor in case they had got in and a few of us went outside. A search yielded a negative result, but then a teenager, probably around 15 years old, dropped off the roof behind me. Naturally, he was detained and the police arrived...with their Armed response!

Luckily, I knew one of the Police that turned up and they knew about the airsoft site itself; the young lad was searched and questioned....turned out they didn't realise we were gaming and they had been trying to sneak in and have their own game of airsoft! The young lad had got a £10 single action pistol in his bag, completely orange and still had its 'justbbguns.com' tag on it!

Needless to say, they weren't the criminals that we were hoping for, but it was still brilliant seeing the little sh*t's face when the ARV's turned up with their kit!

• 2 weeks later...

I continue with the army practice of writing my surname and Zap number on everything I take with me. Recovered a XL burst grenade once because of it :) 

I think it works as a deterrent. Helps solve disputes over ownership too 

Archived