scopes

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

after a couple of scopes and was wondering what other people are using , was thinking of a acog type of think for the m16 seen loads out there but don't want to go buying something that's crud and for my m249 something that I can us with a flip to the side magnifier any info on these would be great thank

was hoping a budget of £200 would cover all 3 items 

• Supporters

If you're looking for functionality over aesthetics, would a 3-9x scope suffice? They're relatively cheap and work just fine.

It may look a little off on your gun, but I suppose there are mounts like this out there to make it look better:

[link]

Flip up magnifiers combined with something like an Eotech or Aimpoint replica may work well. I've never used one though so can't comment. 

I've heard good things about the Elcan replicas. I think @rocketdogbert has one so perhaps he could chip in?

Those are about £100-150:

[link]

Personally I just use an RDS. I don't really get to play in areas which require any magnification and the Mk1 eyeball works just fine. 

I love the Elcan DR 1x-4x on my Vector, no mag or four times mag at the flick of a switch, no focusing required, you can even fit a red dot on top if you want.

I bought mine from Rifleworks without the red dot, but this one has it already, £160

https://www.rifleworks.co.uk/collections/sights/products/dr-style-1-4-x-mag-airsoft-scope-with-doctor-red-dot-sight-killflash

Elcan on the Vector:

AnvsAWc.jpg

Or you can use an Eotech style with flip to the side magnifier as you suggested, but don’t forget you should use an Eotech with buttons on the side, not the back, so you can reach them with the magnifier in place.

QmMtlaO.jpg

Either set up is about the same weight, reasonably heavy and heavier than a traditional scope, but easier to use and adjust

The best option would be a short dot, 1-4 variable mag and looks cool..

RDS + magnifier works quite well, the problem is that it's a heavy setup (depends on what sight you use) compared to a short dot.

Variable mag scopes (3-9x, 2-6x) imo don't make much sense, anything above 4x is overkill for airsoft, also if you don't have any sort of close range sight you'll be quite limited in terms of acquisition speed...

I have a 4x fixed scope which I use every now and then, and works good, but the lack of a close range sight really pisses me off

Agree on the Specter DR, ive had a couple and the quality of the optic/picture, the field of view and eye relief are vastly better than any of the replica ACOGs.

Both mine were fixed 4x, if you want CQB aswell then def go RDS atop.

If you are sharing the scope between guns it would come in well under budget.

The Nikko short dots are very good

Archived