Another P* jack build, a slightly different DMR

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

<will add more later>

for a start, i'll just leave (tease) this here

4F02F252-67F3-4349-952D-ED66619E68A6_zps

(just got this, straight from P*))

getting a grip, but keeping it retro

829B64A0-A522-48BA-B32E-67FF67C66431_zps

Update 06/10/15

out with the old

2d4136d3-f2ec-471a-ab4f-82000c7d62ff_zps

In with the PEW PEW PEW!!

(unfortunately this was as far as i could get today as my amped IGL hasnt arrived, and my FCU cable was missing, both should arrive tomorrow though)

12ee0e25-460d-4209-a733-f10d8aad5f16_zps

some new batteries to boot

5A2BDDDE-9C41-43E8-8914-3A8BB3E00AD4_zps

update 10/10/15

Amped IGL and the FCU cable

57E6C7CE-51B7-45EB-BC19-206ED31E1413_zps

ooooh crap (fcu cable too short)

08286BFE-04FA-4720-AAFA-5E6EE54AF588_zps

(drum roll please) Here she is fully assembled (will get better pics during day light)

0229BE17-941D-4C7B-B95F-9B635A645ADB_zps

To Do

pew pew, so she needs setting up,

i need a longer FCU cable (when funds allow),

i have to sort a screw on the bipod

try other barrel/hop rubber combo's, i have a ZCI barrel, Orga barrel, loads of hop rubbers etc etc

Wtf is it? One of those medicines you pump up your nose when you have sinus problems? ;)

updated main post, and finished .... sort off

Hey Fella,

Message P* on facebook, I was speaking to them about the short cables and they've sent me 2 long ones out for free :)

Say that I sent you, I did say to them some others people I knew had Jacks (you/Qlimax) and would likely need cables.

• Supporters

Yeah I have been chatting to p* for abit (that's how i got a jack patch :), and I found out about the sr25 nozzle)

I'll drop them a message see what happens :)

• Supporters

I should also add that since my gun is physically locked to only safe or semi, I would not need to adjust any settings (such as rof or any of the full auto functions etc), once setup :)

• Supporters

Can you set different airvolumes for each firemode? To compare whether there is any difference? :)

With the current version of fcu, I don't believe it's an option. Future versions maybe :)

• Supporters

Hey Fella,

Message P* on facebook, I was speaking to them about the short cables and they've sent me 2 long ones out for free :)

Say that I sent you, I did say to them some others people I knew had Jacks (you/Qlimax) and would likely need cables.

Spoke to them, even sent them a pic or 3, but no free fcu cables for me :( they linked me to amped airsoft who has them for sale etc

Also am looking at stock options, as I want something different, but I have not seen any thing that I like ATM

• Supporters

quick update, got all excited today, first skirmish with my jack'ed sr25 :D:D:D:D

at the chrono just dialing my fps in with some 0.4g rockets ;) .... when suddenly it stops feeding, eject mag, replace mag 5-6 shots ... stops feeding etc etc

*sh1te* <stomps off>

puts it away and get my mancrafted VSR out.

had a good day sniping (actually felt sorry, as it was abit like shooting fish in a barrel at some points)

any way at the end of the day i decided to have a play around with my SR, after lots of stripping and reassembly i could find no faults ... :wacko:

out of despiration i tried and old hi-cap i had for it ....... and suddenly i have working gun <_<

now i just have to work out why the 120rd mid caps are jamming :angry:

(sorry no pics, was a little peeved etc)

• Supporters

So I have been playing with the 120rd mags, and I have now come to the conclusion that they won't feed any 0.4bb's (tried rockets, blaster devils, and monkey balls)

0.3's and 0.36's fed fine :(

Yet all 0.4's feed perfectly in a hi-cap mag.

In sheer desperation I tried the original 50rd short mag the gun came with and all the 0.4's fed!!!!

This sparked my interest and lead to a minor discovery, the 120rd mags are double stack type, where as the 50rd mag is single stack!

So it now looks like rather then the 4 or 5 120rd mags I was planning, I am going to need a lot of the 50rd'ers lol

Nah I've mostly been talking to the guys at amped, I also have a thing against Delaware jks, but seriously I never considered it. Thought you only contacted them for custom work

Rodd sent me a 1400 word email in july, they're bloody thorough - and that's to a prospective customer. I wanted to get a polarstar SCAR, in the end I didnt get a polarstar at all, the SCARs that fit good Hop ups and polarstars were far too expensive - I didn't fancy buying a £400+ gun - which would have good internals only to rip them out.

Ha wow, you don't get that kind of service from any of the major retailers like evike, airsoftgi or even zeroone. I mean the guys at Amped were pretty thorough but I guess you would need to be extremely thorough as the manufacturer. To be honest I only frequented the American forums but they're all out of date and offer no info on the Jack. But with your problem, are there any sites that just sell bodies?

But with your problem, are there any sites that just sell bodies?

You can get receiver shells and gearbox cases on most sites. Tbh you could build your own completely custom gun with all the bits available, especially if it's an M4

Yeah but only for M4s and AKs, eg I fancy a KAC PDW but no website I can find sells complete bodies. Like if you buy a Madbull receiver you still need a fire selector and tidbits.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.