Im new to airsoft and had a few games. Im ready to start!!!

ItsMrMellow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there im your simple 18yr old newbie here just starting out with Airsoft. I'm from Manchester area and been to a few local sites and found that i have really enjoyed playing and meeting new people along the way to.

I just have a few questions to ask and really hope you guys can help me as i am a beginner looking to get the best but easiest start possible for now.

What gun should i get?

(I love all AEG rifles ( models from M4/15/16 SCAR SR4 ETC ETC ) and my attachments but not quite sure what weapon would be best start for a beginner and also at a good price to. Same goes for snipers)

Should i get gear straight off the bat or wait a while?

(If so what kind of gear and where should i shop from for best prices

• Root Admin

These are a good reference:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

What gun? Probably a G&G CM16 - reliable, cheap and easy to find. Do not spend money on upgrades for your existing sniper rifles or buy a new one - sniper rifles are always a poor choice as a beginner and require a lot of money to become competitive.

What gear? Not a lot - keep mags in your pockets until you're comfortable dropping money on webbing or a plate carrier. Buy some decent eye and face protection, speedloader, boots to start with. Everything else is non-essential. Check eBay and classifieds on forums regularly as you'll find stuff a lot cheaper than you would new.

Also, you will probably want to sort out your site membership at some point and register with a UKARA retailer as I'm sure you're already probably aware of. This is explained in the UK Law Sub-forum.

• Supporters

If you have really caught the bug get your Ukara membership sorted and then buy which ever gun you think is going to suit you.

As long as its from one of the big manufacturers you wont really go wrong. As for cost most people will say dont spend too much but I differ from that, pay as much as you need to make you happy go into a shop and handle a few you will soon know what you like.

Once you find a gun you like: research the hell out of it. Some guns have common issues that you won't get told about when you buy it but looking online or asking people will tell you. It's worth taking the time to know you're buying a quality gun that will last you a long time.

Also don't let people tell you not to buy certain guns because they're not "newbie friendly". When I first started everyone I asked told me not to bother with gas rifles because they're not great for new players. Looking back I wish I hadn't listened as I find gas rifles a lot easier to maintain and use than AEGs - anything other than a v6 gearbox (used in P90s and M14s) I won't touch as I find the trigger mechanism too fiddly. Downsides though, with gas guns, are a lower mag cap and fewer aftermarket parts. For upgrading you'd be better served going for an AEG or spring sniper rifle.

Not being "newbie friendly" could be said of sniper rifles. What proffrink said is true to a degree: they need a fair bit of upgrading to be really effective - especially for high FPS set ups (the main benefit of sniping). However this isn't set in stone since a stock Tokyo Marui VSR can be very effective without any upgrades. The hop up on this thing is just magical and gives an impressive range to a low FPS rifle (280-300). In addition it is one of the easiest rifles you'll ever have to take apart. The main reason why people don't recommend sniper rifles is you don't get an accurate feel for the game that you would with a regular AEG or gas rifle. It takes a more patient mindset to properly snipe in airsoft and isn't as "fun" for most new players who want to get stuck in rather than hanging back from the main fire fights. If you think you'd prefer this style of game then go ahead and buy one but be prepared for a lot frustrating moments of people not taking hits and watching your shots be knocked off course by the wind, twigs, etc.

• Root Admin

Not being "newbie friendly" could be said of sniper rifles. What proffrink said is true to a degree: they need a fair bit of upgrading to be really effective - especially for high FPS set ups (the main benefit of sniping). However this isn't set in stone since a stock Tokyo Marui VSR can be very effective without any upgrades. The hop up on this thing is just magical and gives an impressive range to a low FPS rifle (280-300). In addition it is one of the easiest rifles you'll ever have to take apart. The main reason why people don't recommend sniper rifles is you don't get an accurate feel for the game that you would with a regular AEG or gas rifle. It takes a more patient mindset to properly snipe in airsoft and isn't as "fun" for most new players who want to get stuck in rather than hanging back from the main fire fights. If you think you'd prefer this style of game then go ahead and buy one but be prepared for a lot frustrating moments of people not taking hits and watching your shots be knocked off course by the wind, twigs, etc.

You're quite right - I should have clarified. The only reason I think 'sniper rifles are a bad idea if you're starting' is because for a lot of people they just aren't a lot of fun. If you're a new player and you drop that starting budget on a sniper rifle and don't enjoy it then you've got nothing fall back on.

Hi there im your simple 18yr old newbie here just starting out with Airsoft. I'm from Manchester area and been to a few local sites and found that i have really enjoyed playing and meeting new people along the way to.

I just have a few questions to ask and really hope you guys can help me as i am a beginner looking to get the best but easiest start possible for now.

What gun should i get?

(I love all AEG rifles ( models from M4/15/16 SCAR SR4 ETC ETC ) and my attachments but not quite sure what weapon would be best start for a beginner and also at a good price to. Same goes for snipers)

Should i get gear straight off the bat or wait a while?

(If so what kind of gear and where should i shop from for best prices

Have you played at Trojan Airsoft? They have a lot of guns in stock there. And open 22/7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.