Need Advice: Oversized 6094(A) Plate Carrier for "Big Blokes"

monokoi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I would suggest you take a look at the Warrior Assault Systems DCS http://www.uktactical.com/c-317-eliteops-dcs-coytan-armour.aspx

They certainly adjust pretty big!

• Supporters

I'm not sure the clones (presuming that's what the OP wants) follow the naming convention do they? I've never really looked but I seem to recall reading that. I know there is a brand that makes a copy of the Large or XL, but no idea who I'm afraid. Probably be better off asking on a forum/FB group related to US SF gear.

I would suggest you take a look at the Warrior Assault Systems DCS http://www.uktactical.com/c-317-eliteops-dcs-coytan-armour.aspx

They certainly adjust pretty big!

Thank you for your reply. Looks great, so is the price. Only thing I'm missing are the small velcro tabs to the side of the shoulder straps to accompany the water and radio lines. I've seen players run their sling through the shoulder straps and don't know if I can add them without damaging them. (Still very new to AS, so lots of basic questions. ;) )

or you could try a 6094 B or C, the 6094A is the smallest size.

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't aware of this. Does this apply to all size aspects of the vest such as the kummerbund, or only the the fittable plates, making the vest a bit larger in total?

• Supporters

Thank you for your reply. Looks great, so is the price. Only thing I'm missing are the small velcro tabs to the side of the shoulder straps to accompany the water and radio lines. I've seen players run their sling through the shoulder straps and don't know if I can add them without damaging them. (Still very new to AS, so lots of basic questions. ;) )

Just run them through the shoulder pads.

Have a look at the Flyye copy of the LBT 6094

Thank you for your reply. That's the one I've had my eye on so far. I just can't find any info it it's a 'one size fits all' and what the maximum measurements are. The PC I've bought looks ridiculous when I wear it. It's advertised to fit 46" at the lower ribcage, (I've got about 45"), but the elastic band is so tight that it's uncomfortable and looks like it's about to burst. <_<

yeah my 6094 has velcro shoulder pads that go round the top straps. You can just open these, put the upperr of the rifle sling along the PC strap and the. close the shoulder pad around both.

Thank you, but what I had in mind is adding the the hose from the hydration pack and cables from the radio too. But thanks to Lozart's comment I guess that should be fine.

The Flyye one has the velcro wraps for hydration hose and radio cables.

The best thing is to talk to Military 1st to investigate sizing. I think they only stock the M size though which is representative of the 6094A.

If you look at the real LBT 6094, they do indeed have the 6094B and 6094C which are larger but the "real steel" are a lot more money.

The Flyye one has the velcro wraps for hydration hose and radio cables.

The best thing is to talk to Military 1st to investigate sizing. I think they only stock the M size though which is representative of the 6094A.

If you look at the real LBT 6094, they do indeed have the 6094B and 6094C which are larger but the "real steel" are a lot more money.

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, the LBT original is way out of the budget at $570++

Have Warrior DCS in Multicam i'll be posting for sale tomorrow when I get pictures if your interested pm me.

Thank you for the offer, but I need it to be Coyote to match with the team.

• Supporters

Thank you for the offer, but I need it to be Coyote to match with the team.

As and when you're ready I have a few Coyote Tan pouches going spare. You can get first dibs before I list them up on here if you fancy.

As and when you're ready I have a few Coyote Tan pouches going spare. You can get first dibs before I list them up on here if you fancy.

Sure, thank you. So far I've got a dual M4 mag pouch and a 3L Source pack. Still looking for a larger pouch to fit a MRE, a larger mag pouch and smaller ones for tools, backup mags and other knick knacks. Next OP is at the end of this month, I'd like to be ready by then.

You guys have been most hospitable, thank you!

• Supporters

Sure, thank you. So far I've got a dual M4 mag pouch and a 3L Source pack. Still looking for a larger pouch to fit a MRE, a larger mag pouch and smaller ones for tools, backup mags and other knick knacks. Next OP is at the end of this month, I'd like to be ready by then.

I have a couple of Warrior DNSR mag pouches, maybe a couple of Warrior 90 round M4 pouches too. One short STANAG open pouch. Maybe some others. I'll have a look and ping you a list if you like.

• Supporters

That kind of stuff (MREs, toolkits, etc) I always carry in a rucksack/bag, you won't need them when you're out actually playing. If you're in a game where there's no breaks then normally you'll have a 'safe' harbour area or camp where you can leave stuff like food and tools. Carrying it all with you just adds to bulk and ounces turn into pounds...

I have a couple of Warrior DNSR mag pouches, maybe a couple of Warrior 90 round M4 pouches too. One short STANAG open pouch. Maybe some others. I'll have a look and ping you a list if you like.

Sure, if it's not addtional effort.

That kind of stuff (MREs, toolkits, etc) I always carry in a rucksack/bag, you won't need them when you're out actually playing. If you're in a game where there's no breaks then normally you'll have a 'safe' harbour area or camp where you can leave stuff like food and tools. Carrying it all with you just adds to bulk and ounces turn into pounds...

Guess you're right. Hadn't thought about it that way.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.