WE HI CAPA 5.1? Good Or Bad

HubicPair

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need opinions on the WE HI CAPA 5.1, how well it shoots and how reliable it really is. Thanks in advance!

I have a WE pistol and they are complete crap. Get a TM pistol they are far better.

I dont know if this goes for all WE pistols but mine shoots crap and the slide started to scratch two seconds after i bought it.

I have the TM 5.1 hi capa, best pistol I've ever had! I had to get a kydex holster made but it's the green gas friendly, easy to maintain, highly upgrade able if that's your thing and fires a .3 stock straight as a laser!

Now I'm going to wade in to the we pistol debate

1) on topic: I've never owned or used any hi-caps

2) my WE pistol in stock form wasn't as good as a tm

3) my WE pistol is built like a tank and has only ever failed when I've misused it

We pistols are not crap. Sure they're not as good as others, but they aren't pretending to be either. We pistols are usually cheaper for this reason.

The finish isn't too bad either, I like the feel if it (way better feel than a plastic slide on a tm) and I've ran mine on propane with no complaints. The only time it's let me down is when it was only two or three degrees, and it couldn't shoot much in its gas reserve, but I doubt a TM would be too clever in the snow either

Whilst the stock one isn't too precise, with just a maple leaf barrel and hop bucking (less than 20 quid), it's shooting pretty damn close to tm accuracy, well past the point where my own precision starts mattering more.

If you're after a sidearm you can rely on at ranges just inside your snipers MED, then a WE will need a bit of love. If like me you want it as a last resort backup or for fighting in close quarters, I can't fault the pistol one bit, and I'd happily buy another.

Now the hi capa might be a different story. I've never tried one so it might well be crap for all I know. But a blanket statement that ALL WE pistols are crap is just false. When I see a tm pistol take as much punishment as my WE and still never miss a beat after 6 months of hard use. Then I'll believe in Japan's magic plastic. But at the moment. My battered pistol which had been dropped, crushed, had propane through it for months, in the hot and the cold has told me all I need to know about WE build quality: it's pretty damn good.

Even the mags have been good. A long time with no gas on the shops shelf had made it leaky, but since I've fixed it (which was far easier than getting into my kjw pistol mags) they've never leaked since.

By contrast, my kjw mags have each developed a leak since my initial fixing. And my brothers tm pistol didn't manage three hours skirmish before a part broke and it wasn't useable. Maybe my experience is skewed, but I'm gonna stick to my WE thanks

• Supporters

You just have to pick carefully with WE. Lots of their Glock series guns do fine, I've read good reports on the M&Ps, XDMs, PX4s and Sigs; the 1911 line however is almost universally severly slated, similar story with the Hi-Capas. You hear of lemons amongst the 'good models' and unlikely-performers amongst the 1911s, but generally if you stick to the more recently released/redesigned models (their Glocks for example have been around much less time than the 1911s) you should get a decent pistol considering the metal parts and low prices. Always a good idea to buy from the likes of Pro Airsoft, As Zone etc who're known to be good on the customer service side of things.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.