Question about a tightbore barrel and a scope

iBrowniee x

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of buying a rifle scope for my M416 but not sure if to or not. Ive got a G&P enforcer (m416) and put a Pro win hop up unit in it and I'm going to get a madbull black python version 2 tightbore barrel. Would the tightbore barrel up my accuracy that much that it's worth buying a rifle scope if so what type.( not a ACOG).

post-10894-0-06645100-1439587222_thumb.jpg

Thanks

• Supporters

Only my own personal opinion....

Rifle scope - nope it ain't a dmr

TBB - sod madbull a zci one I'd rather buy

if your fps is a little down - say 330 & site is 350 plus you aren't 101% with current performance

then go for a modest tbb like zci - aprox £20-ish, fps should creep up a little say 15fps-ish

different buckings can make a big difference especially if fitted good or badly fitted

look to reduce any barrel wobble & that is all you can do unless you go to next stage of r-hop

(which I haven't got into yet so can't advise)

anything left over - get decent .25's

one other thing you could consider is another hop and getting a longer tbb with a 4" barrel extension

son's 416 has a 407 zci in it with a barrel extension

the hop is optional but you "could" keep old 300mm barrel n hop

then swap longer barrel/hop over in a minute with the outer extension for woodland

swap back to shorter 300mm for indoor/cqb stuff

ooh now you are confused what to consider

A scope might come in handy, depending how you play. A fixed 4x with backup irons suits me perfectly when I use my G5 because I can see the trajectory of my bb all the way to the target, allowing me to adjust my aim rather quickly. And with a GBBR, I don't have the option to shove a high-cap in there and hose down an area with full auto

Don't write off a scope just because it's a 350fps AEG, your play style makes more difference

A scope might come in handy, depending how you play. A fixed 4x with backup irons suits me perfectly when I use my G5 because I can see the trajectory of my bb all the way to the target, allowing me to adjust my aim rather quickly. And with a GBBR, I don't have the option to shove a high-cap in there and hose down an area with full auto

Don't write off a scope just because it's a 350fps AEG, your play style makes more difference

now that I've thought about it I prefer sprinting from the start and get proper up there so I think I've changed my mind about a zoomed scope

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.