accuracy upgrade help

grinder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Easiest thing to do without upping the the FPS by accident is adding a G hop or R hop. Both of which can be found on youtube.

From what I read. A g hop uses a chopped up hop bucking and an r hop uses a bespoke patch.

I personally don't know if they're worth the Faffing around, just that they do involve some Faffing about and people speak very highly of the results.

• Supporters

From what I read. A g hop uses a chopped up hop bucking and an r hop uses a bespoke patch.

I personally don't know if they're worth the Faffing around, just that they do involve some Faffing about and people speak very highly of the results.

Thats pretty much it and no they are not worth the faffing about. A firefly or maple leaf bucking will give you results nearly on par.Flat hopping will give you results that are just as good but to be honest the differences are not that much of an improvement over a standard set up.

Wait until your bucking shreds then try something different until then best to leave alone.

• Supporters

People that rate rhops so high are usually just trying to justify their effort. They do improve things a bit but not to the level of the the urban legend they have become. At the end of the day its a little plastic ball that can be diverted on its flight trajectory by the slightest breeze.

• Root Admin

Most flat hops are brilliant, really. Larger surface area in contact with BB = more friction; more friction = more hop; more hop = heavier weight BBs can be used more readily; heavier weight bbs = longer range, more consistent trajectory and therefore better accuracy.

They've been tried and tested enough to be beyond the snake oil stage now, but installation is tricky. The reason we don't see them on your standard AEG is just labour would cost far too much - with R Hop patches there are 3-4 different contours you get when you guy them, and each needs to be matched to a hop window. Cutting is a pain and glueing or RTVing them is harder. Then there's the filing and the wet and dry sanding with more testing.

You will get 55 metres out of them if you know what you're doing.

Edit:

To address the thread topic again though: I wouldn't bother. Just buy a decent bucking and maybe a new hop and barrel.

Seconded, a good hop will work well enough without having to faff with a g/r/z hop. I don't think a flat hop is much faff, I bet you can even buy a ready-made bucking to save you having to sand the mound off.

I was lucky in that the Orga Magnus barrel in my g5 has a seperate cutting on the outside so you can flat hop it without modifying the bucking, a piece of cake to fit, but probably not suitable for an AEG due to the loss of power and the need for lots of air in the cylinder

• Supporters

Seconded, a good hop will work well enough without having to faff with a g/r/z hop. I don't think a flat hop is much faff, I bet you can even buy a ready-made bucking to save you having to sand the mound off.

I was lucky in that the Orga Magnus barrel in my g5 has a seperate cutting on the outside so you can flat hop it without modifying the bucking, a piece of cake to fit, but probably not suitable for an AEG due to the loss of power and the need for lots of air in the cylinder

Orga barrels work fine in aegs just need a spare couple of hundred quid to replace all the internals. I did it but honestly wouldnt recommend it unless your really committed to making it work.

Orga barrels work fine in aegs just need a spare couple of hundred quid to replace all the internals. I did it but honestly wouldnt recommend it unless your really committed to making it work.

Yea, that was my understanding. In a gbbr however it works like a dream if you're prepared to look after your bolt carrier assembly and keep the fps up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.