Advice with first AEG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi hoping someone can help me pick out my first AEG, I'm going to play a few more games before buying a gun but it would be nice to know what to look out for. Pretty much this is what I would like:

• Lightweight (or at least not too heavy/bulky)
  • Good range/fps (not CQB)
  • Semi auto and auto modes
  • Upgradeable externally (so rails on top and bottom are needed)
  • Removable iron sights (I'd like an optic and don't like having iron sights in scope view)
  • Upgradeable internally (so that i can use it for a while without getting a new one)
  • Adjustable stock

Realistically my budget is £200 for a gun with all of the upgrades, so about £150 for the base gun, although i'll stretch it if i need to. Obviously I'm after an assault rifle and I've looked at the popular models (M4 lol, M16, CM16, GC16 although they all seem pretty similar), are there any others that I should be aware of, and does it seem like any of them would be the best for me? Any help appreciated, thanks. (This is my first post so hopefully i didn't break any rules)

Remember to include a cost for batteries and a charger. You're looking at around £40 for that.

Your optic is going to cost you a bit if you're including that in your budget.

I would suggest a raider to fit your budget but the front sight is attached to the outer barrel...

Yeah I'm deciding between the CM16 Raider-L and the CM16 mod 0 now, they both have ups and downs on each other. And i'm planning to get as much as possible preowned (from the classifieds) so hopefully that will lower the cost a little, probably should have said that at the start (sorry)

Standard G&G CM16 seems to match all your criteria except removable irons... so get the cheapest G&G combat machine with removable or foldable irons imo. your budget is a bit on the limit thou as you're not going for the standard CM16

• Supporters

Also, can a CM16 be made into a decent DMR? Or is that too much of a stretch?

If this is your first gun I'd leave the DMR thing well alone.

Plenty of time later to realise that actually it's a way of taking away the advantage of full auto capability without gaining much range because the FPS limit is not as high as bolt action sniper rifles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.