Anybody had any experience of the STAR Dragon?

Deek

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like to have fairly unusual weapons when skirmishing or things that aren't that common. I am not bothered about 'realism' as I airsoft to have fun. Currently I have a MC51 which is about 17 years old, which you don't see many of, a F2000 Hunter version, which I have only seen one other used, and a G5 ( which is becoming quite common now).

I have seen the STAR Dragon for a while and I have always liked the look of them, but has anybody any experience with one, such as reliability or ease of repair?

For those of you that don't know what I am on about, this is what they look like:

pic-002-cst-prima-dragon.jpg

I have one, the JG M4 inside is a piece of sh*t.

Depending on which release of it you buy, the lower black sections may be painted in rubberized car dashboard paint, which rubs off very easily. Otherwise it's just plastic body kit with no other issues, any issue will come from the M4 inside, but it's not too hard to take apart, few screws and pins

I've done lots of mods to mine, starting with putting a TM high-cycle M4 in it instead of the JG, currently re-shaping the top of it for an inbuilt scope, built a torch and laser into the bodywork so far.

Thanks guys - I was worried that the kit might be difficult to remove... I did have a kit to fit on a M4 about 12 years ago which was badly cast from resin which looked similar to this... never managed to get it to fit, and it had to be glued together, which I never liked the idea of.

Nice to know the M4 base weapon can be swapped out as well :)

It'll only fit an M4 with the same dimensions as TM. JG have cloned this bodykit (originally made by a company called Poseidon which sounds like what you got 12 years ago, if you still have it dig it out as isn't exported anymore so might be worth something) as well as the TM M4 it was made to go on. ICS M4's are about a cm longer and don't fit, no idea about G&G or other manufacturers.

In terms of taking it apart the pins can be pretty stubborn and require careful force the first time, otherwise it's pretty easy.

It will prompt a fair bit of 'that's not real-steel' snobbery from the Walts, or a general opinion of ugliness from anyone without a nerdy side (i assume due to no supporting footage of soldiers or movie-stars using them), but that can only make shooting them with it more fun :)

It'll only fit an M4 with the same dimensions as TM. JG have cloned this bodykit (originally made by a company called Poseidon which sounds like what you got 12 years ago, if you still have it dig it out as isn't exported anymore so might be worth something) as well as the TM M4 it was made to go on. ICS M4's are about a cm longer and don't fit, no idea about G&G or other manufacturers.

In terms of taking it apart the pins can be pretty stubborn and require careful force the first time, otherwise it's pretty easy.

It will prompt a fair bit of 'that's not real-steel' snobbery from the Walts, or a general opinion of ugliness from anyone without a nerdy side (i assume due to no supporting footage of soldiers or movie-stars using them), but that can only make shooting them with it more fun :)

That's the thing... the Poseidon. Sadly gave the kit away when I quit airsofting about 10 years ago (along with some guns that are worth an absolute mint nowadays, but you live and learn!).

I would actually prefer the TM, as it is what I have known for years.

As for the 'real-steel' snobbery, I can live with that... ;)

*Edit*

Found a pic of the kit I had:

g_rai01.jpg

Ahh cool, think that's one the ones from Appleseed, the 'star dragon' doesn't actually have any solid anime root, just one their own creations inspired by the one you got and other guns made by the fictional weapons company 'Seburo'

I didn't think it was from any particular anime, but it definitely has that near-future / Appleseed look to it.

Pity I can't read the poseiden website to see if their stuff is still available...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.