paypal airsoft guns not covered

tonytenaces

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys just wanted to know peoples thoughts i bought second hand airsoft gun with paypal as a purchase. I had problems with it not working properly from the day i got it and seller not willing to let me send it back i spoke to paypal to see where i stand and they have said they do not cover airsoft guns as firers projectiles and is classed as a weapon and they will not do anything she even spoke to her manager as well it has made me wary of buying any airsoft guns ect has any one else had this problem and is there anything i can do about it

• Supporters

thanks for the reply the lady said at paypal they dont cover at all same as paintball guns ect is there a way round it that you know of

probably not now, if there was no mention of an airsoft gun then you might have had a chance but when they know what it is I can't see it ending in your favour I'm afraid.

Is your PayPal linked to a credit card? If so contact them they can refund the money and chase PayPal

Faulty goods are faulty goods at the end of the day.

Be warned though PayPal won't be happy I had an account suspended a few years ago because of it. I was left 200 quid out of pocket PayPal refused to help so contacted visa refunded within 2 days and visa beat up PayPal.

:)

• Supporters

Wonder if a tennis ball launcher is covered? its a projectile launcher that is used in a sporting capacity. Which is exactly what an airsoft gun is.

Also how can they refuse to cover a totally legal sale? I cant see how this would stand up in court no matter what their small print says it goes against consumer rights.

The withdrawal of a service for the reason of because we feel like it.

contact your bank / card company you paid through paypal with as said above is your best bet. Second hand private sales aren't covered by the same rules as buying new from a retailer though when it comes to consumer rights.

• Supporters

Second hand private sales aren't covered by the same rules as buying new from a retailer though when it comes to consumer rights.

No they are not but when you use paypal you pay for a service which is payment protection that service is pretty well covered.

Whether you buy an item or a service you still purchase a product.

Would be worth looking into for someone who has enough knowledge.

I deal with PayPal as part of my day job and have come across this before. Anything that can be classed as a "weapon" and most certainly anything that is covered as a "Firearm" is prohibited under their terms and conditions.

Have known peoples accounts to be suspended for 3 months before for selling rubber training martial arts nunchuck type things. A RIF they really won't like if they find out about it!

• 2 weeks later...

hey all thanks for replys i spoke to paypal the other day and they are reviewing polices and guy said they are going to see if they will cover airsoft guns

as airsoft is getting very popular now we will just have to wait and see hopefully they do. thanks again all for taking time out to try and help i will just have to take it on the chin and be more careful next time

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.