Transporting parts across borders

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello all

I have been wanting to spice up my glock life a bit, and get a few aftermarket parts to make my G17 purdy, especially as I just shot second in class at Rogers Shooting School. Anyway, they offer an engraving service, and I'd like to get that on a new slide for my G17. Unfortunately, I can't get the slide here in the states (only through hk) but I can get it in the UK. So I would need it to be brought by my brother across US borders, and then at he end of the summer back across the UK's border. I assume I'll upset customs at some point, but I assume my UKARA stuff will be done by the time I come back to England in mid August. So a few questions:

1. Will customs on either side care about just a slide? (In case for some reason my number hasn't come...)

2. If they do care, anyone know what I need to do for US customs to let it through?

3. Does anyone know approximately how long it would take some HK shops to ship to the U.S.? (As if it would get to me in Florida in time I wouldn't have to worry about US customs)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.