The Mall Reading, Thursday night June 18?

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Myself again, didn't actually spot you last time, although i did get there abit late and spend my time reloading or smoking outside.

Myself again, didn't actually spot you last time, although i did get there abit late and spend my time reloading or smoking outside.

I wasn't there last Thursday. A few other members went but I was stuck at work.

Will have a contractor load out (tan trousers, black top, tan chest rig,) and a HK416. Will also probably be the only one there with an American accent.

I'll be there with a couple of mates, and we're actually bringing a real girl! (She's my friend's daughter, so please behave)

Anyone else?

keep an eye out for a SWAT loadout (considerably fewer layers than last time, however!) and come and say hello.

Anyone else?

keep an eye out for a SWAT loadout (considerably fewer layers than last time, however!) and come and say hello.

Will keep an eye out for you and Kurtz. Trying to get there early for once... need to adjust my hop up.

Think Chachi in black with an MP7 and you'll spot me.

P.S please don't adjust your hop-up, i enjoy crouching low and having everyone's shots spin up over my head :)

Really good evening at The Mall last night, although again failed to spot the other AFUK members.

One sour point however. I was reported to the marshals for not responding to a colour challenge at one point. Truth is, I heard absolutely nothing, because I (working with two others) had outflanked the opposition. I popped my head around the corner to find a half-dozen yellow-banded bad guys, all with their backs to me. They seemed to be focused on my buddies, so I opened fire from 30 yards or so and took them all out. Apart, that is, from the one hiding behind a pillar who shot me in the back of the head as I passed - fair play.

Little bit miffed however as I'm fairly distinctive and don't want to be saddled with a reputation I don't deserve. If I'm challenged (and I hear it), I'll respond. If I'm 30 yards away, you have your back to me, and you're challenging somebody else, then guess what - I won't hear you.

On the other hand, I saw some great gameplay and was particularly impressed with one player. I thought he was on my side and stuck my pistol (and head) around a corner to take out the guy behind him. At the same time he shot me in the hand at close range. He IMMEDIATELY apologised and I then spotted his armbands, so again, fair enough, my fault. Back in the Safe Zone he again came over to check I was ok and apologise once more. Kudos to you, chap.

Finally, it was announced at one point that a guy has been banned from the site for being abusive to another player. Nice to see marshalling being taken seriously.

I really enjoy going to The Mall and will hopefully become a regular. Look forward to catching up with any of you guys next time around.

• Supporters

Really good evening at The Mall last night, although again failed to spot the other AFUK members.

One sour point however. I was reported to the marshals for not responding to a colour challenge at one point. Truth is, I heard absolutely nothing, because I (working with two others) had outflanked the opposition. I popped my head around the corner to find a half-dozen yellow-banded bad guys, all with their backs to me. They seemed to be focused on my buddies, so I opened fire from 30 yards or so and took them all out. Apart, that is, from the one hiding behind a pillar who shot me in the back of the head as I passed - fair play.

Little bit miffed however as I'm fairly distinctive and don't want to be saddled with a reputation I don't deserve. If I'm challenged (and I hear it), I'll respond. If I'm 30 yards away, you have your back to me, and you're challenging somebody else, then guess what - I won't hear you.

On the other hand, I saw some great gameplay and was particularly impressed with one player. I thought he was on my side and stuck my pistol (and head) around a corner to take out the guy behind him. At the same time he shot me in the hand at close range. He IMMEDIATELY apologised and I then spotted his armbands, so again, fair enough, my fault. Back in the Safe Zone he again came over to check I was ok and apologise once more. Kudos to you, chap.

Finally, it was announced at one point that a guy has been banned from the site for being abusive to another player. Nice to see marshalling being taken seriously.

I really enjoy going to The Mall and will hopefully become a regular. Look forward to catching up with any of you guys next time around.

Marshalling at the mall is always pretty good.

Come on the 28th I will be there.

Was a good eve mostly, very good standard of play, wasn't sure if i spotted you or not as was a few people (as usual) sporting the swat-ish loadout, but weren't in the section of the safe-zone i was dwelling in so didn't have much chance to say hello (and interrupt the briefing)

Don't worry you wont get a reputation, you'll get banned well before that happens lol. Doesn't sound like you intentionally committed a crime against airsoft or anything, if anything reporting you sounded a bit sore-looser-ish.

As for the guy getting banned, that was prob someone who called me 'a f*ck' for shooting him twice accidentally. Him and his team mates were trying to push down a stair-case, I shot him, and then managed to shoot him again when trying to hit his teammates legs further up the stairs. He swore at me right in front of the Marshall, i tried to step in and apologize to the guy in the hope we could make peace there and then and he wouldn't get punished, but he was still very moody and missed that opportunity. He got dragged off and didn't see him again, maybe he got a mulligan and re-offended or someone else kicked off not sure but seems likely this is the referenced incident

Level of good-sportsmanship was quite high indeed, I accidentally used full auto on someone in a corridor, they started taking the hit and walking off, i called over that it was full-auto and they shouldn't take the hit, wait a couple seconds and carry on. Heard their team-mate ask what was happening and he told them 'well there's one very nice yellow team member down there!'. Then later encountered the same guy and hit him with a ricochet, again he started taking the hit, so again i told him it was a ricochet and to wait a couple seconds and carry on, he must have thought i was an airsofting saint lol.

However for me towards the end of the third game it went horribly wrong for me and if i hadn't had to leave early to catch a train i might have gotten myself banned for abusive behaviour, certainly felt like it would have been satisfying to do so at the time!

Same staircase outside our teams respawn; a group of guys were camping the top of it, i lay down on the floor at the bottom and edged forwards until i could see them at the top (top was lit, bottom pitch black). Managed to shoot all three of them and this provoked some mutterings from them. Turns out they believe it's entirely impossible they could have failed to hit me when they can't even see where the bottom is, or the shelf in the stairs that means it's not a straight line down. My assumption is they thought i was actually on the stairs (as that would have made not getting hit less likely) not laying down at the bottom.

So I push up the stairs and encounter what later turned out to be the same group of guys, they had decided they didn't need to go back to respawn as them being hit without hitting me was clearly impossible. Shoot a couple of them, get hit and go back down the stairs respawn and repeat. I did this 3 times, not really realizing it was the same guys and they weren't going to respawn as all dressed in same camo, just waiting for me to go back down the stairs and carrying on. Until the last time i did this i realized, most of them were in same camo, but one of them had a hoodie and he was the one i'd shot first out of them each time. Foolishly rather than call for a marshal, I said 'come-on mate, it's been 3 times now', he replied that i hadn't hit him this time, i said 'indeed not this time, but what about the other three times?'. Stopped myself there and went back down the stairs, the kid shouts down the stairs behind me that "i guess you didn't get hit on the stairs when there's three of us either' (how i know this was their motive to cheat).

Respawn and go up the stairs one last time, they've moved on from the room at the top, but not far. One of them is stood in the corner of the concourse outside this room. I didn't spot him and walked straight out. I hear a burst of full-auto-fire from his gas smg from about 5 metres away but feel nothing, number of shots fired means i'd def have felt at least one, dont wear thick clothing or anything. I assume he's firing dry, turn round to him and say 'sorry mate but you must be firing dry, nothing hit me' and shot him in the foot. He kicks off and says 'no it's f*cking gas mate, it stops firing when it's out of bb's' so i reply 'well in that case you're just a sh*t shot then, but don't worry, i miss people point blank all the time, but at least i've got a tracer so i know when i've been sh*t. tell you what i'll take the hit anyways!' and i start walking off. Then the same little turd in the hoodie pops his head out of a shop and gives me a burst of full auto in the back and says 'you taking that hit then?' 'no i'm not, i've already taken a hit and walking back to respawn, you just shot a dead player deliberately with his hand up'

Fortunately for me the alarm on my phone then went off (although i did get shot few times while trying to take it out my pocket due to hand being down lol), and i went straight to the safe-zone and packed up. I def should have gone looking for a marshal in the first place, or at least found one to tell before i left, this i definitely regret. the marshals are very good at the job, i should have taken the time rather than suffering in silence until it f*cked me off. definitely a good thing i was leaving early as if i'd stuck around i was prob tired enough to have kicked off myself if i encountered this group of twats again, regardless of any marshal punishment

In my mind this was a prime example of the most common form of bad behavior at The Mall though, people assume it was impossible for them to miss a moving target at close range or similar and then use this as an excuse to cheat themselves. As i said to the guy with the smg, I have a tracer so for my own peace of mind i know when i'm being sh*t, it happens often lol. would recommend one for anyone playing regularily at the mall for this reason, keeps you sane and helps you improve. it's very very hard to see normal bb's in there due to the lighting.

Kurtz... writing a book are ya?! Lol

I tried to spot you guys but after asking three sets of players if they were on AFUK and being looked at like I was crazy I decided to give up.

It wasn't the best of nights for me. Had a few not take hits and one dude shooting me from a small gap behind meshing in the basement. Broke my torch, lost a TM recoil mag (was found later though), then lost bottom plate of my pistol mag.

There were definitley a few greens not taking hits, whether they felt the hits or not is another question but I could see my glowing bbs bouncing off of them. I shot one about 4 times while he was running across to a pillar and I was sure he was going to call it so I stayed were I was... he popped from behind the pillar and started shooting me. I was like wtf? I was only 20 feet away from him at the most and thought that was just ridiculous so had a few choice words... couldn't help myself but it is a game purely based on honesty. No need for it, unless he honestly didn't feel it.

We have GOT to get this sorted out next time. I'm going to bring an AFUK flag or summat. :-)

Was a good eve mostly, very good standard of play, wasn't sure if i spotted you or not as was a few people (as usual) sporting the swat-ish loadout, but weren't in the section of the safe-zone i was dwelling in so didn't have much chance to say hello (and interrupt the briefing).

Shame about that. For next time, I have SWAT front and back and usually wear an M88 (unless it's too hot, like last night).

We have GOT to get this sorted out next time. I'm going to bring an AFUK flag or summat. :-)

Lol.

I was in the smaller safe zone room right infront the marshals office... khaki trousers, black top, tan chest rig, tan cap, TM HK416, black pistol leg rig, black mesh full face mask and Bolle X1000 goggles... on the yellow team.

Shame about that. For next time, I have SWAT front and back and usually wear an M88 (unless it's too hot, like last night).

Are you quite tall and fairly slim?

Kurtz... writing a book are ya?! Lol.

More curling out a steaming pile of rant hehe. My only excuse for such length is I can prob type faster than I can talk :)

Are you quite tall and fairly slim?

You're very kind, but yes, I suppose so. Should be a bit slimmer though so a bit more running around with toy guns is required.

You're very kind, but yes, I suppose so. Should be a bit slimmer though so a bit more running around with toy guns is required.

Haha. I only ask because you were going to be the last person I asked about AFUK but couldn't bother after being unsuccessful the three previous times... persumingly that was in fact you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.