Real Sword Type 97

kirvesuk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm very close to pressing the 'buy' button on a Type 97. I was just wondering if anyone had heard any major horror stories about the gun? I've read and watched every review possible, but nothing beats first hand experience from yourselves.

I understand the gearbox is of a very high quality, would I be OK to run a 11v lipo through this gun?

Any other comments?

Cheers all

As for the review of the gun, I can't really help you there, although I would advise you to view the item in person before purchase.

Running a 11.1v battery on any gun should require the fitting of a Mosfet, if any thing it will aid in the preservation of your trigger contacts!

If you are talking about the potential for PE, you may need/want to do some manual work within the Gearbox itself. Stock gears are ususally 18:1's and for the higher ROF you will want to drop that to a 13:1 or 12:1.

Then there is the Piston itself, normally they are full plastic or 1 end metal teeth, which would suffer if you get the gear ratio wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I took the plunge and bought the type 97. It's a fantastic quality gun, probably better than my g36k shock from TM.

Just a warning to anyone else, I swapped the spring for an M100 and it's now at 370fps. Hopefully it will settle down or I'll be cutting a coil off I guess..

Thanks for your help.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.