Flat Hopping

BBrotherwood

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I'm considering giving a flat hop a go on the one barrel I am going to swap between AUGs. Has anyone tried one with the stock TM hop up and what buckings and nubs would you recommend for it? Also what is a good make TBB that does not cost a bomb.

Cheers :)

• Supporters

I have two flat hopped setups.

TM 6.05mm barrel, firefly soft bucking with Namazu firefly flat nub in an element red hop unit.

Miracle Barrel 6.08mm,prommy purple bucking with Namazu firefly flat nub in a Pro-Win hop unit.

both were easy to do and both work brilliant.

I'm struggling to find anyone with the prommy purples in stock. Is the G&G green soft enough? I have heard good things for regular bucking. I also think I might have a tightbore in one of the barrels that came with the F88A2 which is a result.

• Supporters

I'm struggling to find anyone with the prommy purples in stock. Is the G&G green soft enough? I have heard good things for regular bucking. I also think I might have a tightbore in one of the barrels that came with the F88A2 which is a result.

Try brill armoury they show as in stock.

• Supporters

Looking for a prommy purple myself, only place in the UK I have found one is "first and only retail"

Never heard of them before though

The main problem with flat hops is that you have to choose a bucking that is both good for contact and for seal, its an unfortunate trade off. There is a reason R hop is considered superior, it doesn't compromise the seal (you can choose a hard 80 degree lonex bucking for seal) and still have the ideal patch as well.

Saying that you can get a good result with flat hop if you use a G&G green and those are fairly easy to find.

• Supporters

Looking for a prommy purple myself, only place in the UK I have found one is "first and only retail"

Never heard of them before though

They are the retail side of first and only airsoft events they used to run the mall in Reading and still run other skirmish sites. Never used them but would guess they would be ok.

• Supporters

They are the retail side of first and only airsoft events they used to run the mall in Reading and still run other skirmish sites. Never used them but would guess they would be ok.

I ordered one from them last night

Got a phone call from them today

There out of stock 😡

• Supporters

I have just looked everywhere not one UK shop seems to have them. You can get crappy madbull ones everywhere though.

Uk retailers always complain about people buying abroad then never seem to stock anything decent.

I always buy a bunch of different ones at the same time from abroad to cut down on the postage.

• Supporters

Eagle6 sell the Firefly flat nub and Firefly bucking, both are excellent in a flat nub setup. I made someone's a flat nub setup last week using both firefly's and it's really good.

• Supporters

Agree with Qlimax on the firefly set up I have tried it and got good results.

One to try is a TM bucking shave off the nubs and spin it sideways like your doing a flat hop and use an Element white hnub.

Takes a bit of playing with but gives great results. Bucking wont last more than a couple of skirmishes which is why I use a TM bucking good but only a fiver.

I ordered one from them last night

Got a phone call from them today

There out of stock

Haha I had the same experience lol :) They seem like a good retailer though. I am going to see how long there next batch is going to be in for. Otherwise I will try out the all firefly option.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.