Two month UKARA Holding period.

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Rather than necro this thread:

I am going to play my first 3+ games with Wolf Armouries Bunker 51 Skirmish over a 6 week period, however, and this is where it gets confusing, they wont allow me to have any RIF until 59 days after my first game (and after the third).

What I don't understand is this, they are the ones who will add me to the database on the 59th day but they wont let me have one between day 43 and 59. It's not like database rejections occur, its a done deal the moment you have proved to them you have played 3 games in 2 months.

Please note this thread is about wondering why THEY wont sell me anything, not why I cant be put on the database.

I want to go to skirmishes between day 43 and 59 - that's right I want to spend money on the industry! :)

It 3 games in no less than 2 months. So you dont actually qualify for the Ukara register if you play 3 games in six weeks.

That's not what the guy at wolf armouries said - I think he was wrong though.

Also:

Please note this thread is about wondering why THEY [wolf] wont sell me RIFs, not why I cant be put on the database.

:ph34r:

To clarify if I've played 2-3 games with them and booked in for another two months after the first, then the database is a sure thing... That is to say, you don't need UKARA to buy them, just a reason/defence, and they would at that point have one.

I get it's the way it is, but its annoying to locked to one site.

You don't need to go to only one site, you just need to go to one site three times spread over more than 61 days to apply for membership of that site, which then qualifies you to apply for UKARA registration.

There is nothing to stop you going to other sites within that time and playing by hiring, or buying and playing with a two-tone RIF (provided you are over 18), or borrowing a RIF from another player. The rules relate to the minimum period required to prove you are a regular skirmisher at an insured airsoft site. You would not get UKARA registration without getting site membership first.

You don't need to go to only one site, you just need to go to one site three times spread over more than 61 days to apply for membership of that site, which then qualifies you to apply for UKARA registration.

There is nothing to stop you going to other sites within that time and playing by hiring, or buying and playing with a two-tone RIF (provided you are over 18), or borrowing a RIF from another player. The rules relate to the minimum period required to prove you are a regular skirmisher at an insured airsoft site. You would not get UKARA registration without getting site membership first.

Good information, however I think you misread the OP.

• Supporters

The wont sell you a gun until you are on the Ukara register. You have a valid defence in the fact you have played a few games and you are an airsofter but the shops agreed to abide by the ukara system. They have no guarantee that you will turn up at the game you booked you could of lied to get the gun and never fufill your ukara requirements. So while its not illegal because you have a defence the shops rarely recognise this and insist on ukara or site membership and a lot of sites do the membership under the same 3 visit requirement and enter you on the ukara as part of the deal. They are just covering themselves.

• Supporters
"The time period over which you have to play your 3 games is at the discretion of the participating game site providing the 3 games are not played in a time that is less than 2 months, the maximum time period is 12 months."

The wording would suggest that the actual days are dependent on the months you played.

My local site for instance says 9 weeks if I recall correctly.

"in no less than two months" could do with a rewrite to make it more clear for those of us with certain problems, the law eh :/

Could be "Attending a single site. For UKARA registration you must attend at least one game which is two months after your first game for a minimum total of three games."

I made this thread because I could not understand why WA could not sell to me after they were sure that I would be eligible (when in fact I was not), it was not clear to me, at the time of posting the OP, that I had to have at least one game at least 2 months AFTER the first game - towards a minimum of three games.

Thanks for everyone's replies, sorry that I couldn't understand the underlined section.

/thread

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.