Questions about the use of propane.

Happy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says I'm thinking of using propane with my pistols and skorpion since I keep hearing about how much better it is than regular green gas and also (importantly) that it is so much cheaper. I just have a few questions:

1. How much of an FPS increase am I looking on average over regular GG?

2. Regarding mag lubrication, how often should I be adding silicone oil to the mag after using propane?

3. Are there any types/brands of propane to avoid?

4. Is there a much higher chance of parts breaking on propane?

5. Will a propane adapter work on any bottle of propane?

I'm not a newbie to gas weapons, but I don't want to rush into things. I'd rather have the info first. Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

Colemans gas with a Madbull adapter. Nice and easy to use with some abbey Silicone oil to drop in and away you go.

I add oil everytime I gas my mags to be safe as propane is dry. Fps increase can vary but in he summer on a warm day you will get more mags to one fill.

My Glock does 290 on green gas and 315 on propane. In the summer I fill my mag once with propane and can reload three times before its out.

1. You should not see any major FPS increase.

2. They typically recommend about 10-20 mag refills. I just add a drop before each skirmish day and find this works great.

3. Generally Colmans is the easiest to get hold of and seems to be the cheapest option as well.

4. No more then Green Gas, way less then CO2.

5. It will work on any of the ones designed for camping stoves which is all you really want.

Hope that helps!

I would recommend the airsoft innovations propane adaptor. Much less prone to damage compared to the madbull one if dropped as it is plastic and also comes with a spare nozzle and a deceptively large supply of silicone.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/gas-co2-c65/airsoft-innovations-airsoft-innovations-gungas-propane-adaptor-kit-p2362

1) Negligible

2) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/airsoft-innovations-oil-pump-kit-silicone-oil-tornado-oil-magazine-416-226-17-/201149129454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed56c22ee

3) So long as it is straight up Propane, some are trying MAPP but i'm not sure on the performance difference.

4) Things will break regardless of what gas you use. if you shoot it half as much it will last twice as long!

5) Yes, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/airsoft-innovations-oil-pump-kit-silicone-oil-tornado-oil-magazine-416-226-17-/201149129454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed56c22ee

Thanks guys. Was originally steering more towards the AI adapter so I'm glad to see it be recommended.

Cheers again :)

Tm pistols are well known to run on lighter gases and there are many stories of slides cracking, only damage I've ever physically seen is broken nozzles and o-rings drying out and leaking on various mags even using silicone drops, never noticed a massive increase in fps over green gas in my vector or G5, maybe 10fps in normal conditions, 15-20 in mid summer

Cheers monkey, pretty good deal there :D

Thanks Spatch. I don't run any TM pistols so not too worried about slides cracking. The ones I have right now are built to take GG anyway so propane *shouldn't* be too much of an issue for them. Thanks for the heads up about summer fps results anyway. I'm not overly concerned by a small increase, I just didn't want my 300 fps skorpion to suddenly spike to 370 fps like my old hi cappa did when I first tried to propane haha

I dont faff with silicone, you can get an Airsoft Innovation oil pump kit which lets you add the silicone to the gas bottle itself, so you just do it once per bottle instead of two or three times per skirmish

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.