One problem down, one more up... -_-

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok...

His M4 is starting to annoy me... So I've basically rewired it, and the wiring is correct and works. Now, the motor isn't working again. My battery is (basically) fully charged, and I do get a spark when connecting the two wires that connect to the motor, but a trigger pull only gives me a slight movement in the motor only detectable when holding the motor itself. So it isn't dead... Could I be pinching a wire some where (totally possible), or something else I can fix?

If you connect a live wire from the battery direct to the motor, by-passing the trigger switch, does it work? If not then the motor is at fault. If it does work then the fault is on the live feed via the trigger switch and could be the new wiring, the contacts in the trigger switch itself or, if you have a selector plate with a copper contact on it, the contacts not making a clean connection when the selector is moved (had that happen on one of my re-builds). If you have access to a multimeter you should be able to trace the circuit through to see where the fault lies and trigger switch contacts can regularly be a problem, as without a mosfet fitted they will spark and burn almost every time the trigger is pulled, reducing the contact patch and leading to poor or nil connection.

• Supporters

You shouldn't get a spark when connecting the motor. Without the trigger pulled, there must be no power at the motor. You must have a short circuit.

It's just me not fully explaining again... The trigger was bypassed at the time so there was a completed circuit.

If you connect a live wire from the battery direct to the motor, by-passing the trigger switch, does it work? If not then the motor is at fault. If it does work then the fault is on the live feed via the trigger switch and could be the new wiring, the contacts in the trigger switch itself or, if you have a selector plate with a copper contact on it, the contacts not making a clean connection when the selector is moved (had that happen on one of my re-builds). If you have access to a multimeter you should be able to trace the circuit through to see where the fault lies and trigger switch contacts can regularly be a problem, as without a mosfet fitted they will spark and burn almost every time the trigger is pulled, reducing the contact patch and leading to poor or nil connection.

I'm thinking by now (if you have kept up with my post you will know I've been tinkering with this for a while now...) it's probably the damn trigger. It's odd though; every time the things taken apart, it works fine. I put it together again, no dice...

• Supporters

Yea; every connection that's positive has a red dot on it; makes it east to ID. and I'm not sure the trigger works, just that bypassing the trigger works. But when it's all hooked up and I pull the trigger, I get the slightest noise, and a tiny movement inside the motor.

That sounds like the trigger moving contacts are not mating properly with the fixed contacts, or the fixed contacts are burnt, reducing the amount of current getting to the motor. Have you taken the trigger switch apart to check and clean all the contacts? If the fixed contacts are dirty or burnt they are fairly cheap and easy to replace. I'm sure Airsoft World still do replacement contact sets for V2 trigger blocks if you need them.

The other possibility is that when put back together the moving trigger contact is only making very brief connection and then being sprung back out of contact. I've had this happen to me in the past. It was to do with the semi auto cutoff lever connection to the moving trigger switch not allowing sufficient time for the contact to remain closed to activate the motor.

• Supporters

It does sound like your trigger is gone. If the motor spins when you bypass the trigger then the motor is ok. I think yours is a micro switch trigger? Check the wiring on the trigger itself if thats ok get a new micro switch. Did you put a fuse in the gun when you rewired it?

• Supporters

It does sound like your trigger is gone. If the motor spins when you bypass the trigger then the motor is ok. I think yours is a micro switch trigger? Check the wiring on the trigger itself if thats ok get a new micro switch. Did you put a fuse in the gun when you rewired it?

I haven't so far; basically I haven't advanced past where you and vitmo were helping me a few days ago. I've ordered one though; splicing it in isn't going to be an issue. Sooooooo... Anyone know where to buy micro trigger connectors?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.